Eric Johnson

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by jocelyn, Jun 28, 2006.

1. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

2. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

3. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

^^y do u guys get to make fav guitarists thread.....i made one bout tom morello and shsnawada closed it....
    anyway on the topic.......hes one of my all time favs too....luv his stuff

4. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Well dont statr a fav guitar thred ..post stuff like this Interviwes and Clips... (its a beter way to go about it..).... Fav guitar threds tend to get to common and irratatingg. and just lead to mindless arguments... ext.. any way back to topic.. Enjoy the interview... also cheak out his website too. he always has free mp3 to download for his fans....

5. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

what a fantastic guitar player. specially his style, and his TONE.

6. real_illusions

real_illusions Clapton Is GOD

i would kill for that sweet clean tone that he has. he is totally psychotic. he actually used to unscrew one of the screws from the bottom of one of his pedals halfway cos it messed with the polarity and that affected his sound.

7. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Yeah I know I have heard a lot of such crazy stuff abouthhim... he even goes to the extent of arguiing what battrey sounds better in his pedals...... and he tends to get very figity on stage.. you wil kepp seeing him adjusting his amps ext after almost every song.... But He is a cool guy I just love his style...

8. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Fantastic indeed.. he is so fluid and smooth on the fretboard........ He is Fast in a very Subtile way...

9. real_illusions

apparently, he said he almost had a nervous breakdown because the cords kept tangling up on stage.

i have every album he's come out with and they are all AMAZING!!
    he even covered paperback writer on one of the early albums.

i got a bootleg album of his acoustic concert with just him.
    he plays piano as good as he plays guitar. don't know how that's even possible.

10. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Yeah i have downloaded a video of his from his website, where he is playing the PIANO...(you get some mp3s and videos from his website)

11. real_illusions

does it have his jazz piano version of the wind cries mary...that's mind blowing.

12. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

na its something called SFL.. I am watching it right now go on to his website..... :)

13. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

hhmm..eric johson ..the master of tone ..people call him the tone king ..and after listenin to his songs ...you will definetely figure out why he is called so.

this guy does the craziest of things to make sure he gets the tone he wants ..hell he up-picks many licks durin his songs and on questioning the reason behind him up-pickin instead of alternate ..he jumps up and says ..
    tonally ..when i up-pick.it sounds cleaner and better to my ears !!!

but ..the one thing i noticed about eric is that ..he isnt very fond of his pinky is he ?cuz if you notice all his videos ..he tries his level best not to use his pinky and stretches his ring finger to hit the note .he refrains from usin his pinky at many places during his songs ...any body else noticed that ?>

14. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Because its not a "who's your favourite" thread. Its about a specific guy.

15. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

boy ! he needs to get a life ....

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ He is just paranoid about his tone, nothing else.

It does, and I vouch for that, and I also "use" the same funda.
    I have observed.
    Usually the blues players who learn by themselves, have a habbit of not using the pinky that much.

17. Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo The Boy Genius!

Doesn't he worry about air pressure & humidity in the concert stadium when he plays? And yea that battery thingy is right. Heard it from many places.

18. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Petrucci has a similar averseness to pinky usage.

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hmm, mebbe these guys dont have a strong pinky ...
    :think:

20. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

.....hmmmm.... whatever his pinky, his batterires ... he is a cool guy to listen too .... I guess he gets to Paranoid... AM ISOUNDING GOOD ENOUGH--- IS THIER ENOUGH DRIVE ext ext ext.....