Equipment Review

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Genesis, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Genesis

Genesis New Member

Hi,
    I'm buying an electric and have the following setup in mind:
    1) Epiphone Les Paul Standard
    2) Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro II's n/b
    3) Traynor YCV50 Blue Amp
    4) Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah wah

Any comments? I play mostly GN'R stuff. Any idea how i can get this stuff in India?

Thx.

2. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

from just looking at it you should be able to get the GnR sound out pretty easily.

3. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

yeah, decent set up.

4. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

you got your answer..

5. shak

shak Harrr!

not a bad gear at all ... stick to it! .. the only worry i have is ...does an epiphone really deserve a seymour duncan? ... for lp's i'll always recommend the gibson burst buckers etc. (warm and vintage with a hint of contemporary kick) ... remeber the engg. at gibson spent years developing pickups for lp style guitars... get me?

6. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

G n R
    then Go for MARSHALL amp.

7. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

actually jazz has a point. if you can spend that amount of money get a Marshall Valve amp. then later on you can sell the epiphone and get the Gibson LP instead.

8. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

um... where to get this stuff - if u following jazzs suggestion, then u might find it difficult to get the marshall valve amp....an epiphone lp and burst buckers should be available - try chnnai and banglaore.... also a dunlop crybaby would be easy to find - tyhough im not sure if ull get the exact one ur looking for - i dont know how common that is....

9. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Sweet setup dude..........

10. Genesis

Genesis New Member

Can't for various reasons:
    1) Marshall's similar range the DSL201 costs abt $200 more and i don't have that kind of money...
    2) The only Marshall's available in India now are the MG series and they suck.
    3) Traynor has a dealer in Mumbai.
    4) The Traynor kicks Marshall's ass, for the money i'm paying. You'll only get cheap solid state combo's from Marshall for the same price.

11. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Traynor has dealer here in Mumbai can you send me the numbers ? As far as the rest of set up goes looks good but where are u getting the Ephiphone LP form ? I thought Furtados stop stocking them last year ??

12. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

i didnt see a single les paul of ANY brand in furtadoes. Also, i dnt know if theres any epiphone dealer in mumbai.

huh?

13. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

2 Years Ago Furtados were offical Epiphone Dealers here .. They have stop importing Epiphones from the last year they did have One Les Paul in Nov 3004 end must be sold by now anyways check them out there was one with Alberto's too It was Black Beuaty . I havent seen any LP kinda of guitars in long time too ..

Ninad

14. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

i had seen a LP100 over here...thats about it..they said that epiphone stopped selling them LPs coz their orders were too tiny..........tho their catalogues still have the LPs listed.....

15. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

if u really wanna buy it, i think they'll get it for you...at least thats what they told me...

16. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

I swear to God, if i had seen even a single LP in furtadoes dat day, I'd had worked my arse off to get my hands on it.

@ninad.....let me check out alberto's. its in malad ? rite?

@6strings....dats a good news.

Wats the cost of epiphone LP in mumbai anyways?

17. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

The setup looks good man, those traynors really have a good reputation!