Epiphone Les Paul

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by preet28, Jan 8, 2006.

1. preet28

preet28 New Member

I was planing on getting a Epiphone Les paul special from the U.S.
    I would like to know if the Les Paul is completely solid or hollow from the inside?

2. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

The neck or the body???

3. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

The les paul is a solid body guitar.

4. shak

shak Harrr!

^not particularly .. the gibson custom les pauls are often chambered to lighten the guitar itself ... am not sure about epis but i think they are all solid bodied guitars .. the custm and black beauty might have chambered bodies but the classic and standard should be solid body electrics .. check with epi .. there should be a contact email address somewhere on their website ..

5. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

ask Dr Saurabh..he just got an Epi from the US

6. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

7. shak

shak Harrr!

there you are!^
    thanks nebu!!

8. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

wt difference does it make if the body is solid or not ?

9. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Chambered bodies are supposed to have more resonance since the air in the pockets in the body will resonate with the notes you play. And of course it reduces body weight.

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^
    + it leads to all kinds of acoustic feedback and howling. If electrics are not properly done.

11. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Well, although I am not any resident expert on LPs but since I own 2 Gibson LPs - I can say that most models (Studios, Standards etc.) are solid body. There are some that are chambered as mentioned by Shak but if you really want one which is hollow aka chambered, get a custom that way you can have best of both worlds.

Not sure about Epiphones - don't really consider them to be Les Pauls :)

Just my 2c!

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

What a waste!
    2 LPs.

U shouldve got one Telecaster instead.

13. shak

shak Harrr!

TELE!!! for two gibsons .. noooo man ... tele's are very twangy .. they dont have much warmth .. gibsons are entirely different species!

14. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

but yaar..what is the point of getting two identical guitars?? i mean if one plays excellent y get another one??..beats me

15. Bleeding Guitar

Bleeding Guitar New Member

its all about pleasure and luv man .. plus we are Human :) so it kinda makes sense heh
    Epiz are one of ma Fav brand luv em .. i have a black beauty her name is ( Kasandra ) .. luv her :) .. pics are already @ IGT

16. shak

shak Harrr!

thats a good point!!!
    i have more than one guitars cuz i need diff guage strings for diff genres of music that i play . .. and they are tuned to different pitch as well .. saves me time
    AND!! no two guitars are exactly the same ... you buy one ... love it .. then you go and try another one .. that one is even better .. so you buy both .. hehe thats what happens to me all the time .. its just that my pocket doesnt allow me to buy a third one .. :( there is a realy awesome sounding ibanez s-series that i saw couple of weeks ago .. i hope its still there ..

17. Bleeding Guitar

Bleeding Guitar New Member

May the Lord help you and have mercy to your pocket : Emen : haha

18. shak

shak Harrr!

hahahaha ... AMEN!!! ... and just incase ... AMEN again ...

19. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

Epiphone les pauls are all solid except les paul custom and black beauty

custom and blackbeauty are "slim"

20. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

u used to have an epiphone until recently, which u were selling off as being not too diff from a gib LP:think: :p:

except ultra all epi Lps are solid bodies......
    i do ike the ultra finish, the faded cherry quilt top, with gold hardware

and the special isnt something i wud recommend, crappy gutiar..not even set neck!!!