Epiphone Les Paul Ultra

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by DrSaurabh, Mar 27, 2005.

1. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

lol I hate both the shape of a Les Paul and a Strat. Even a Telecaster has a crappy shape. But the Telecaster has the nice 'ring' sound to it. My favorite guitars are Flying-Vs, RRs and of course the Ibanez RG series.

2. shak

shak Harrr!

@drsuarabh: what about ibanez s-series ... they are super slim and have the best playability of all ...
    @nebuchadnezzar: oh yeah ... LP's do have this playibility problem ... and the prs shapes arent bad at all .... infact i love them too ... goood carved tops they have
    @dennis: yeah mockingbirds are cool ... especially with skull inlays !!!
    @dmf: lolzzz ... tho i will agree on flying V's with metal scratch plates ...

3. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

ibanez s series.....i had read somewhere that this was the precursor to the JS series...
    but yeah...they r hot......i like most Ibanezs.......they look pretty cool......the one with the d-tuners(forgot the name) is pretty cool too for a single cutaway
    one of the hottest lookin guitars is the ESP george Lynch series......they have some HOT finishes.......i had posted some pics in the cool guitar pics thread...long time backs
    the prs santana range is pretty cool..as is the tremonti series....except they ran in a suit with gibson over the design rights :(
    wonder how esp or Ltd dont fall in trouble.... :think:

4. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Beats me..ESP rips off all Gibson models..they never ran into probs..but sumhow the Tremonti custom PRS was sued by Gibson:annoyed:..it was such a beauty!...PRS cant manufacture it in US anymore.. I think the korean made Tremonti SE is still allowed though..
    @DrS..I think the custom 22 and 24s are the coolest PRS, not to mention a number of custom made ones...His earlier guitars especially are rare beauties..

5. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Heres a PRS custom 22 with bird inlays..:drool:...:pant:

Attached Files:

6. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

hey guyzz u guyz talkin abt all this guitat stuff..........i still have an acoustic one and will be buying an electric after a month...need to get some practice now.....any one who hate thier les pauls or strats or any good guitar just give it to me!!!!!!haha
    any ways i like the les pauls more than the strats

7. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Dude..I also dont have an elec...but that doesnt stop me from drooling over these awesome guitars and generally reading up on the subject..:)

8. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

umm ... first .. slash has big hands but not overly huge or anything ... though he isnt a huge guy himself... infact .. his les pauls look pretty big on him ... cuz of his slender frame.... Plus the les paul neck itself is a little thicker than most so i can understand the frustration of some of you guys . But if you notice carefully .. slash gets by .. by not raising his fingers very much at all ... they hover very close to the strings.

21st fret ... well its kinda hard to do bends on most guitars ..... i dunno how big a problem specifically les pauls have ...

9. shak

shak Harrr!

^ it truly is a huge prob with les pauls ...ask me ..i have 2!!!
    @nebuchadnezzar: i have heard .. prs made a few accoustics a long time way back .. do u know anything about it? ...cuz now they must be worth milions

10. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

First of all.. call me nebu..u don have to type that humungous username everytime..:)
    Here....I found 1.. it said in the description that its a bear-claw spruce-top with heavily flamed back and sides..sunburst finish..and those famous bird-inlays.:sigh:

Attached Files:

11. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

And heres an absolutely fabulous vintage PRS...

Attached Files:

12. shak

shak Harrr!

thnx nebu .. these are awesome guitars!! .. is that ^ paint work original? ..
    i was checking the private stock guitars ..they are one of the finest i have ever seen ... i have a cousin he has a PRS ... the low-end one ... here is the link to its pic
    https://rapidshare.de/files/1089257/DSCF0079.JPG.html
    but a week ago its truss rod broke and my friend took a full refund ... do you think that introducing cheap korean made guitars in the PRS guitars-line up is a good idea?? .. i mean that SE guitar was just OK .. and then its truss rod broke ... its something u cant expect form PRS can you?

13. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Yup..its original..its one of the earlier PRS guitars..when PRS himself did most of the stuff...after 1995..they commercialized their guitars bigtime...salespeople often claim its entirely hand-made but the fact is they are using machinery and mass producing....those babies arent exactly cheap..ppl pay for the fact that its supposed to be hand-made and customized...:mad:
    Truss rod breakage is totally unacceptable for any guitar let alone a PRS..even the SE is like 900$,isnt it?..that is NOT cheap..especially by Indian standards
    I think going for SE is not a good idea..u end up paying a lot of money just for the brand..without the product..better go for a full featured guitar from a not-so-famous or economy manufacturer...

14. shak

shak Harrr!

yeah some where around 700 canadian dollars her paid ... but here in uk its for 399 GBP ... i think its pretty cheap .. i mean you can get a epi for that price ...
    but i will agree that we pay more for the brand name than the quality..

15. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

hmm.....PRS.........nice guitars they have
    BTW...my accoutic has the same dimensin on the neck as a LP...and my the joint is at 14th fret.....the cutaway aint that big too......i get the 21st fret bends .....not too much trouble...:confused:

16. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

@drsaurabh - ur lp is amillion times easier to aply than an acoustic

17. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

huh....dint get that man

18. shak

shak Harrr!

really saurabh? .. well then u must have big hands! .... cuz for me the LP gets really annoying when i cross the 17th fret

19. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I have REALLY small hands..:(( :eek::..my pinky finger is just over 2 inches...

20. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

are ul lserious - i tried an lp - bends upto the 21st fret could be done - but then i do have ig hands....