Epiphone Les Paul Special II in INDIA (Bombay) ?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by drock, May 27, 2006.

1. drock

drock New Member

Didn't have a choice Jocelyn. I couldn't take the guitar as a whole, can't afford one luggage for the guitar alone. Anyway, what's the worst case scenario ? If the neck warps, then I think that can be fixed in Bombay right ? Some trus rod adjustment is all I can think. Besides, I read in a few places, also from my own experience, I don't think a neck just warps in 3 days of unstringed

https://users.adelphia.net/~cygnusx_1/neck_bow.html

2. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

we do have some good luithers here in Bombay.... Alberto0s for one is realy good... Hehas worked twice on my vintage Accoustic , Once for a Warped neck and 2nd time or a crack on the soundboard... and has done a good job... he has also worked on my grand dad's violin... Besides many of his customers are well known in the industry... Peter peira is also good though I dont have any experence with him... BUT I hear good things....
    Just amke sure you cover the neck and body nicely, also plug the Bolt holes with soft paper ( tissue) to prevent dirt from getting into them...

3. michael5681

michael5681 New Member

Guys, do we hv to pay import duties if we buy and bring it back from outside.And if yes approx how much,cause i wanna buy les paul and in Bombay i don't where to get it.