[{<<-ENTITY PARADIGM->>]}

Discussion in 'Music Reviews, Albums, Biography etc' started by BIG_EVIL, Apr 17, 2005.

1. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

ENTITY PARADIGM

BAND HISTORY

The Fusion The merger was a peculiarly circumstantial affair. Ahmad and Fawad were working on a popular TV sitcom, called Jutt and Bond, when the show's director suggested that they do a soundtrack for the show. The duo called upon Xulfi and in a matter of a single week they came up with the anthem, "Hum Ko Aazma" which was used as playback at the end of the show when the credits were rolling. It was during this time when adverts for, The Battle Of The Bands [Bob] began to air on television asking for entries from all over Pakistan. Since both bands didn't have any of their independent compilations on record and time was of the essence as far as the deadline of the competition was concerned, they decided to send off, "Hum Ko Aazma" as a collaborative effort. The Affair Bob called the guys up and told them that they were in for the competition. Now that the time had come to decide the line up that was to represent, "Hum Ko Aazma", it was decided that the two bands should get together - eight people in all, a fact which raised quite a few eyebrows with the people at Bob. And thus, [eP] was born.

[eP] flew off to Karachi and took part in the initial round of the Battle Of The Bands in which they went head to head with twenty of the best bands from across Pakistan, including such big guns as Mekaal Hassan. It was during this time that they made two new tracks: "Kahan Hai Tu" and a cover of the late, Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Eddie Vedder's, "Face Of Love" for the Bob campaign. Then came a 6-month hiatus during which the Bob programs were being aired on national and satellite television and viewers were being polled on their favourite band. It was during this break that Abid had to leave the band for England to fulfill certain filial obligations. This paved the way for the entry of a new member - Ali Khan.

Finally Bob announced two bands that were to make it to the Grand Finals: [eP] and Aaroh. The band flew off to Karachi for the Finals where they lost out to Aaroh by a narrow margin, but managed to win the hearts of the 4,000 strong audiences at the DHA Golf Club [where the Finals were held] with their radical sound and raw energy on the stage. It was during the Finals that [eP] unveiled its new single, "Hamesha" - a haunting rock love ballad that swayed the crowd. They also played a completely revamped cover of the hit single, "Tu Hai Kahan" by Junaid Jamshed, Strings and Haroon.

BAND PROFILE

Full Name: Zulfiqar J. Khan

Role: Lead Guitars / Vocals /
    Compositions

Birth: 28th October, 1980

Instrument: Guitar, Keyboard
    and Drums.

Guitars (electric)
    - Es*** SLP STD
    - Washburn KC600
    - Grand Prix
    - Washburn WI66V

Guitars (electric acoustic)
    -ES*** MJG28C

Keyboards
    - a Casio CT-680 (that was gifted to me by Khurram Bhai 11 years ago, and so was the Washburn KC600 mentioned in the guitar list, gifted 2 years ago)

One doesn't need to have an instrument in this era of music to compose. Therefore all of the compositions Fawad and I do involve computer usage at some point (for example, in drums, keyboards or orchestral sequencing).

Accessories
    BOSS ME30 - with expression pedal (wah-wah & whammy)
    Behringer VAMP (for Amp/Cabinet modeling)
    EBOW - electronic bow/sustainer for the guitar.

Education: BS in computer science from the National University of Computers and Emerging Sciences, Lahore (famously known as FAST)

Previous jobs: Composer/Keyboardist/Guitarist for CALL. Composer/Keyboardist for Undraap Nexus, a theatrical performing group at the National College of Arts. Drummer for PROZAC.

Current Job : Runs his own studio, Xth Harmonic, that deals in both video and audio production.

Key words: stubborn, adamant and a workaholic.

Movies/TV/Books: The Matrix, Fight Club, Seven. "Whose Line Is It Anyway" is probably the only show that I will feel bad about missing (but I do miss it a lot, so u can see how bad I feel every week cuz of that ;)).

Likes: alternatives/alternativism. Reflecting values that are different from those of the establishment or mainstream.

Dislikes: conventionalism/conservatism. i.e. the inclination to maintain the existing or traditional order.

Influences: Adam Jones (Tool), Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins/Zwan), Billy Howerdel (A Perfect Circle), [all are composers/guitarists], Peter Gabriel, Tori Amos.

Other: Get tense easily. Still a little afraid of the dark. Highly emotional Swallowed his first pill at the age of 20. Learnt driving this year.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Full Name: Fawad Afzal Khan

Role: Lead Vocals / Composition

Birth: 29th November, 1981

Equipment: Beat down acoustic
    guitar, a pc on which I compose
    and a low quality mic for vocal
    and guitar sampling

Education: O' Levels, 'A' Levels.
    A Fast-NU Graduate. Nowadays, pursuing a job at Eden Developers as Marketing Manager.

Music: Anything that appeals to my ears.

Full Name: Ahmed Ali Butt

Role: Vocals / Keyboards

Birth: 20th October, 1975

Instrument: Vocals, Guitars and
    Keyboard

Education: BS and ADCS

Previous jobs: I was working in
    an ISP for a year when I left it all
    for my passion. Performing arts and music.

Key words: If only I knew myself that well.

Music: Everything, but I love rap/Metal/rock.

Movies/TV/Books: Lord of the Rings (The Two Towers).

Dislikes: Hypocrisy.

Influences: My family, EP, people with soul.

Other: I love cooking and photography.

Full Name: Salman Albert

Role: Drums / Back Vocals

Birth: 22nd January, 1978

Instrument: Drums, Guitars,
    Bass.

Education: Graduate

Key words: ***, drugs & rock n
    roll

Music: Almost every kind of music.
    Ghazals, folk, Indian stuff, all kinds of rock, metal, jazz, blues.

Movies/TV/Books: Don't get time for movies / Friends, The Simpsons / No books.

Dislikes: Lies

Influences: Mainly the rock of 60's & 70's. Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Jethro Tull, Rainbow, Rush

Other: I love music obviously :) Like partying with friends. Don't like going out in crowded places much but love to eat out, mostly in the car :) Like to laugh & make people laugh, hate dual personalities and the people who lie. Very very fond of romance ...

Full Name: Waqar A. Khan

Role: Drums

Birth: 24th July, 1980

Instrument: Drums

Education: Graduate (BCs)

Previous Jobs: played drums for
    some other underground bands
    too. Cell, Incision etc.

Music: alternative/hardcore/rapcore.

Movies/TV/Books: Legends of the Fall, Braveheart, The Shawshank Redemption

Influences: Danney Carrey (Tool) John Dolmayan (System of a Down)

Full Name: Sajad A. Khan

Role: Bass

Birth: 19th May, 1981

Instrument: Guitar and Keyboards

Education: BS Computer Science

Key words: Practical, lazy

Music: Led Zeppelin and some
    classical singers of Pakistan

Movies/TV/Books: Mirza Ghalib series, God Father trilogy, Sixth Sense, Whose line is it anyway, Everybody loves Raymond.

Influences: Jimmy Page

Full Name: Hassaan Khalid

Role: Rhythm Guitar

Birth: 20th October, 1981

Instrument: Guitars/Keyboards/
    Drums

Equipment: Agile LP-2500 /
    Fender StratoCaster / Behringer
    V-amp 2 / Acoustic (Oriental
    Music Works)

Education: O/A-Levels. Currently doing
    my undergrad in Computer Science.

Jobs: I run my own production company called DreamWeaver Productions.

Key words: Flexible / calm / practical

Music: Listen to all sorts of music - From alternative rock to trance. Fave is Alternative Rock.

Movies/TV/Books: An Ideal Husband, MTV/Channel [V]

Dislikes: Traveling

Influences: NFAK / Anathema / Led Zeppelin

Other: A clean freak

ACHIEVEMENTS

As It promised, it was the greatest
    and biggest event Pakistani rock music
    has ever staged; bigger than the
    Aga Khan University Battle of the
    Bands, bigger than the Rock v Rock
    Battle of the Bands. It made
    Pakistani musical history and secured
    a lucrative contract to one band.

The line-up of rock bands that have
    made it to the final Pepsi Battle of the Bands spectacular is extraordinary and unprecedented and almost certainly, will never be brought together again.

A diverse array of names from jazz, blues and rock came under the eye of Rohail Hyatt, Shahzad Hasan and Fahimeh Fifi Haroon.

The audience was provided with the fantastic opportunity to make history and to show their support for the bands by rocking their votes at www.pepsichill.com/bob

There's no doubt it's been the longest, most nail-biting music event in Pakistani music history, but there is always a final hour of an event, upon which the concentration lasts, as the unremitting tension of the series came to a head on, when EP and Aaroh battle at the Karachi DHA Golf Club on July 29th, 2002.

EP stood 2nd out of a total of 170 bands from all over Pakistan. Pepsi Cola International announced to sign a one year contract with EP, which was initially announced to be given to the top band only..
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

tejas likes this.
  2. Taifi

Taifi New Member

chaa gaya hai. kahaan se copy paste kia bey

3. BIG_EVIL

un ke site say......kuch khud bhe daal diya hay

4. sehar

sehar New Member

hi there , hope u people r fine . i really like ur band&ur songs.. especially hameshah,waqt, i mostly like FAWAD i am really really a big fan of him. he is handsom, smart ,cool ,, he is truly my ideal. ,but he is engaged,i wish him very best of luck 4 his future life.. ok take care..

5. Ozze

Ozze New Member

no doubt ..
    a talented Band .. which have given a new shape to paki music.. at least we have smthg to bang our heads on... Neva we could b head banging on a songs of vital signs, ali haider, sajjad ali n stuf.. every one wz sick o thm .. although they have done some good music,.. but u know a change is always better ........

6. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

ep is a rock band........set band hai yaaaaaaaaaar.........but one thing they copy linkin park.........but they hav rocked pk

7. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

nice info ther !

8. riffer

riffer New Member

copied. but good for IGTian, that have lot of info on EP. they do Rock man.

9. BIG_EVIL

yea i copied it from their website
    i just wanted to introduce [eP] to all u igtians who didnt know abt [eP]

10. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

whn therez new album releasin??

11. BIG_EVIL

in the beginning of 2006 as far as ive heard

12. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

gr8!! cant wait till 2006!!!!

13. Bleeding Guitar

Bleeding Guitar New Member

I want Bolo Bolo one of there cover for Sajad Ali .. anybody have or is there a link in this forum ... please let me know ( power chords )
    i have the simple bolo bolo which sux lol

14. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

bolo bolo......which sng is it .... is it Ep 's sng