Enigma Songs

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by hehaa, Feb 11, 2006.

1. hehaa

hehaa New Member

Hia gies. i believe that u might have hear enigma ?
    if not then you have not tasted the real muzik till now. go and listen to the songs like Gravity of love, sadnesss, Chil in us. Round About and Beyond the invinsile...... these songs really moves the heart of the person
    And i've even heard ka its muzik is banded even coz it really effects people's hert and mind.

But the only thing i dont understand that, thers is no physiical sign of such band, no one has ever seen the singer, the muzician no pictures no autographs, no live shows. there is just an old man who receives all their prices and awards no practical form of the band.,

Its jsut shoked me, i myself tried to find out the sotry but this is a denmark or something like tha band. and no info is given in eng :(

if someknoe about the band then plz do share..................

2. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

oh so it was peanut butter i was havin all this time...gosh!!:eek::

3. knight_guitar

knight_guitar Lead Guitarist

^^ good songs while having S.E.X !!.. but i don't actually term them as good songs in my sense.. (sorry no offence included)..

4. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

Hmm..cut the crap you guys.

They arent a bad group; ive heard them plenty of times. --*fail to mention ages ago* and they are good. Very sensuous.

Two of their favorites are :silence must be heard: and :TNT for the brain:

5. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

Hi dude........u use lot of sms slang....it sometimes become difficult to understand.........LOL

Enigma no doubt is good but in diff catagory (world Music)....cant compare it with any other Genre.

6. dino

dino New Member

Well .... enigma has 26 members .. 15 are from china , 4 from india and others from diff. places of the world ... AND TALKIN ABT ITS MUSIC .. I think It's Retro Pick we r talkin abt !!

7. Strat

Strat Floydian

Interesting perspective..:think: Probably correct, gotta try that.:beer:

8. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Principles of lust..

possibly the most sensuous stuff I have ever heard :nw:

9. hehaa

hehaa New Member

@ dino.
    can u give me some mroe info about this band. And wht do u think is the reasaon that they dont come on font?

10. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

A lot people dnt like the limelight..
    Makes them even more sought out. Like the Blue Man group. As$ whopping music..and really expensive. They dont have albums or anythng..only annual performances in LA, NY etc.

But as far as Engima goes you can check out websites about them..just google it.

11. Azureus

Azureus New Member

History of ENIGMA

Enigma is termed as a musical project with various phases and not as a band.

It was started by Mihael Cretu and his wife Sandra Cretu, David Fairstein and Frank Peterson in 1990.

Heres the complete details about the musical project.

Got it from wikipedia

From the late 1970s onwards, Michael Cretu already had his own music career on his hands and apart from several collaboration efforts with several other musicians, he also contributed to his wife's albums. Before Enigma, he released a number of albums under his own name but they all were not particularly successful sales-wise. Cretu revealed in an interview that he believed that his ideas were soon running out at that point.

It was then that Cretu plotted the creation of a "New age-Dance", un-named yet, first single. Ditching his old habits and rules, he headed onto a different direction and in December 1990, he came up with the project's groundbreaking debut album, MCMXC a.D.. The album was Cretu's first commercial success through the single "Sadeness (Part I)", which juxtaposed Gregorian chants and ***ual overtones over a dance beat that was highly peculiar to the ears of the public at that time.

Before the album was released, Cretu was cautious of the response towards the upcoming album, decided to forgo mentioning his and most of the personnel's real name and credited himself as Curly M.C., while the album sleeve contained little information about the background of the project, furthering the mystery about the creators of the album and leading to speculation whether Enigma was a band, a person or a group.

In 1993, Cretu was given an offer by producers to compose the full soundtrack of the motion picture Sliver but he was unable to accept the offer. Instead, he came up with "Carly's Song" and "Carly's Loneliness", which was used in the movie and credited in the motion picture soundtrack as well.

In the following year, The Cross of Changes was released and it received about the same, if not an even larger and better response from the public (it sold 6 million copies in a year). However, both of the albums also hitched up lawsuits over the issue of sampling from other music sources.

In 1996, Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi! (French for "The King is dead, long live the king!") was released. Cretu's idea was that this third album was the child of the previous two albums, and therefore included familiar elements of Gregorian chants and tribal chants in it. Though the album was as meticulously crafted by Cretu as the earlier two albums, it failed to achieve the same level of success that they enjoyed. As a result only two of the three singles originally slated were released, with the third one ("The Roundabout") being silently cancelled in 1998.

The 1999 release of The Screen Behind the Mirror included samples from Carl Orff's Carmina Burana on four tracks on the album. This time the Gregorian chants were toned down a lot, but still Shakuhachi flutes and other traditional Enigma signatures remain. Only "Gravity of Love" and "Push the Limits" were released as singles from the album. Ruth-Ann Boyle from the band Olive and also Andru Donalds mark their first appearance on the Enigma project.

In 2001, Cretu released a new single called "Turn Around" together with Love Sensuality Devotion: The Greatest Hits and Love Sensuality Devotion: The Remix Collection to end what he considers to be the first chapter of Enigma. A light show was held at the Munich Planetarium in conjunction of the release of the compilation albums.

2003's Voyageur was considered by many to be a total makeover for the project. Practically all of the prominent Enigma signature elements (the ethnic and/or Gregorian chants, the famous Shakuhachi flutes) were no longer in use for this album. As a result many fans had difficulty appreciating this new direction and sales were affected. From a statistical point of view, every Enigma studio album to date has sold roughly half of what the previous release did. Of course sales are only one indicator of the success of a musical project and, given some time to sink in, Voyageur proves to be a solid release that hints at new territories Cretu may explore in future projects.

On August 28, 2005, Enigma's management (Crocodile-Music.de) announced the release of the project's latest single, "Hello and Welcome". The single was originally slated to be released in October, however it was since moved to November 25, 2005 and finally saw release in Germany on March 10, 2006. The song will also be the walk-in music for the German boxer, Felix Sturm, and much like Voyageur shows little similarity to earlier Enigma works.

On July 6, 2006 Enigma's management announced A Posteriori as the title of the sixth album, which would include a new version of "Hello and Welcome". The album was released worldwide on September 26, 2006.