English Guitarist - New to Mumbai - Want to start a band

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by alex101, Oct 2, 2006.

1. alex101

alex101 New Member

Hi everyone,

I am a 23 yr old guitarist from London and I have recently moved to mumbai for work.

I am looking to start a band over here, playing original music rather than cover versions. I have met some guys who want to play but they play covers and I'm not really into that...

I am looking for a drummer, bassist and vocalist (possibly a second guitarist). I can sing a bit myself but might like our songs to be in hindi. It seems that audiences aren't really into original music over here, and if they are then its of the death metal variety. correct me if im wrong... need to change that

I also have quite good production skills and produced an album's worth of material in my bedroom.

I was unable to bring my guitar or my wicked amp (Marshall JCM 2000 all valve combo, awesome) although I was able to bring my Boss gt6 floor effects unit.

I'm going to go down to furtados and check the other stores in that area (I went into a few the last time I was here) and purchase a cheap electric and a cheap amp. I want to keep my costs low as I will blatantly have to sell them on again after I leave mumbai in 6 months to a year.

Does anyone know how late the music stores stay open till in Bombay as I find it hard to get time off work?

Anyway, if any of you have a band and you're looking for a guitarist or know any drummers / bassists then please get in touch...

Here is some of my material. I recorded these tracks in my bedroom, and play all the instruments (except the drums which I made on my computer) and sing rather badly:

https://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd2/11210/moretolife.mp3

https://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd2/11210/hightimes.mp3

https://www.filelodge.com/files/room15/363833/thebadnotes.mp3

https://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd2/11210/ididntwannaknow.mp3

https://www.filelodge.com/files/room15/363833/nuone.mp3

see ya,
    alex

notty_lad likes this.
  2. DJCrunkMix

DJCrunkMix Get crunked up!

holyshit dude...heard your recordings...*speechless*...

3. alex101

alex101 New Member

speechless?

what does that mean? good or bad...

4. DJCrunkMix

DJCrunkMix Get crunked up!

^^ Amazing

5. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

That statement should get the modesty award for the year.

Dude Fascinating Compositions .. Absolutely mind blowing. I wonder how this was missed by the people here?

All the best with your band .. You'll definitely rock!

6. :shock: amazing tracks.. all self composed.. *Again :shock: ...

7. jayesh_diu123

jayesh_diu123 New Member

wow great i like it.. good luck

8. Sheerig

Sheerig New Member

nice tracks..... good piece of work dude.....

9. roystonwilson

roystonwilson New Member

cheers, Well Done!!!!!!!!!1

Exclellent Mate!!!!

I liked your work.

I wish i could help you as am now inthe UK doing some media work.....

Music stores are generally open until 9pm specially Planet M

My suggestion is leave everthing ur doing right now and work on ur talent a wee bit and rock mumbai city and change the face of bollywood.

All the very best to you ......

I think u must meet Shankar Ehsaan Loy with your work, u even sing very well mate, no doubts!. (contact Umesh Pradhan : 9821137058 or email them at info@shankarehsaanloy.com

Cheers,
    Royston

10. jake_e_lee

jake_e_lee Banned

the scene out here is not as cover dominated as u think.
    there are rock n roll bands/hard rock bands/alt rock bands/thrash/death/jazz bands/blues bands..
    sure there are ppl playing covers,but if u have a look at the big bands..they have plenty original material.
    zero,demonic ressurection,pdv,thermal and a quarter,soulmate
    all of them playing diff brands of music and appreciated by their fans and the public for their original material.

now downloading your mp3s.

11. alex101

alex101 New Member

cheers royston

Thanks for the kind words Royston. Who is this Shankar Ehsaan Loy? Is this a company or a person and what do they do?

12. paraj

paraj New Member

wanted a guitarist

hi alex i dis is paraj and we i have a band of mine called skineffect www.skin-effect.com u can check out our site.we are looking for a guitarist .we dont play covers and have 5 originals of our own.we are a alternate rock band and we jam at vikhroli at our drummers place.if u are interested then contact me on dis no 9833131192.lets jam dude....

13. Margaret

Margaret New Member

I mainly into singing and play a bit of guitar. Would like to jam with other musicians.

14. augur

augur I love bjr

I would like some jam too. Mmmmmm

15. Margaret

Margaret New Member

auGRRRRRRRRRRR You Again ! AhGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

16. augur

augur I love bjr

You know you want me.

17. Margaret

Margaret New Member

YUckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. AuGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

18. augur

augur I love bjr

...with some chocolate slathered all over me.

19. Margaret

Margaret New Member

slaughtered ... would be better

20. augur

augur I love bjr

Slaughtered all over me? Whatever turns you on..