Enfield Thunderbird MOD

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by jekyll, Nov 16, 2005.

1. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

^^^borrow some1's who does

2. jekyll

jekyll Banned

well anyway nmost of the people wont like it ...

usually people like meek n mild vehicles taht dont make any sound ... :annoyed:

3. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

^^^not when it comes to bikes like d 1 u got :grin:

atleast not me

4. shak

shak Harrr!

just bumped in to say thats a mean machine ... would love to take that one out for a spin ... cool one jekyll ... but i am not so sure about the muffler ... this beast would look good if you had some beefy, big, fat, chrome thing there ....

5. shak

shak Harrr!

no still dun like the skinny tube .... get rid of it ..
    and ... umm .. the license plate as well .. get a new one with gothic fonts or copperplate ones .... and really i should stand up and appluase you at keeping that engine gleaming ...

6. jekyll

jekyll Banned

^^^
    :)

well in India u can only use Sans Serif Fonts for the Number plate :cry1:

and i "big beefy" muffler was there originally ... but it used to really muffle the sound ...
    since i wanted the raw naked sound of engine running ... i changed it to this thin one ...

cant help it dude ... it has to be either the sound or the look (i admit the earlier silencer used to look ultra cool)

but yaar sharukh - in UK ... there will be even meaner machines ... damn! why dont we get those things here :cry2:

7. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

man nice bike..

u shud have got the exhaust tube/pipe....a litle upwards....bisecting into two and coming out from under the seat....would have looked nice...

8. jekyll

jekyll Banned

^ that is the racing bike look aint it?

and yaar playing around with exhaust tube is not advisable ...

it causes an increased back pressure at the engine - and since i have not replaced or even rejetted the carb - there might be a loss in power (due to less fuel flow) ...

anyway that twin slipt under the seat look will look ultra cool in racy sorta bike ... i dunno if it will fit here ...

9. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

yea..but looks good on cruisers too...talk bout fusion...hehe ;)

anyway...have u heard bout this dude called Billy Lane....he has made this badass bike called psycho billy for himself....it came on one of the biker build-off shows..

the rear wheel of the bike doesnt have any spokes....chk out the pic

Attached Files:

10. jekyll

jekyll Banned

^ c'mon that is not even a cruiser ..

it is a phucking chopper ...
    :shock:

11. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

i nvr said its a crusier...i was talkin bout ur bike

but yea..tht is one droolable thing....

12. shak

shak Harrr!

well i thought its possible to modify the existing mufflers to get the right sound ... you only have to alter the inner reflecting diaphragms i guess ...
    and yeah .. there are all sort of bikes here on roads ... lamnbrettas, harleys, ducattis, aprillas, suzukis, truimph etc ..
    but i like the ones like yours ... vintage and generic .. dun like choppers or OVER powered loco engines ... my fav would be triumph x75 hurricane ..

13. jekyll

jekyll Banned

triumphs are / were drool !

i think they got bankrupt - stopped their production for a while ... then they were bought over by someone ... n now again they are making bikes ...

hey is Norton still alive? (the bike company, not the Anti Virii firm :annoyed: )

and you may not belive it but till few years back i had Lamberetta 175 (70s model) scooter at my home :grin:

modding existing silencers are possible ... but getting a new one is even cheaper, besides no one really has an expertise modding the muffler - so what u desire mighth not be delivered to you ...

tkae my case - the new muffler was Rs 280 - that will make it 4 UK pounds :p:
    and i cuudve bargained further ... but then that mechanic doled out few other freebies

14. shak

shak Harrr!

wow!!!! lambretta 75! . was it in white? cuz its on top of the most wanted list these days .. vintage lambretta .. for uni students .. nothing gets better ..

well at 280 rupees i wont complain! :p .. infact i will get 3 of them stacked one on top of the other ... hahah .. here a muffler can easily cost you upto 70 pounds ... + 30 for the fitting ..

and norton? lol na mate .. norton finished in 1970's ... couldnt continue production ... but you can still buy one today ..
    what freebies by the way? scracth and sniff cards or something? lmao ..

15. jekyll

jekyll Banned

lamberetta was 175 cc ... and mebbe built in 1975 (dont have much idea - was not born then :p: )

it was white + sky blue color scheme - i used to like its raw sound :)

frebies like replacement of clutch n brake cables + brake shoes + general claening n greasing ...

no scratch cards unfortunately though :RollLol:

16. BubblyMartini

BubblyMartini !!!HAWM

Hey !!

Nice bike

i so wanna ride a Royal Enfield..

my cousin has one
    my brother had one .. donno which
    but NO ONE teaches me :mad: :mad: :mad:

oh well......... Someday... ;)

and by the way there are Many Girls who Are Interested in Bikes....
    Guys have a wrong notion its Them the Girls are Looking at :p:

17. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

trooooooooooooo :beer: :grin:

i know how to ride a bike but havent ridden an enfield yet ( i soooooo wanna!! :cry2: )

18. jekyll

jekyll Banned

LMAO

i always thought that females are well uhh - "dumb" in this regard ... so when they see a bike ... their jaws just drop in amazement and think "how can this damn thing balance on two wheels, and how can this dude control it so easily; when we cannot do so even with a four wheel vehicle"
    ;)

19. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

:annoyed:

i hope u dont think the same still.... ;)

20. jekyll

jekyll Banned

nope ...
    the truth prevails ... cannot change ... :grin: