Eminence India

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by yazi, Apr 28, 2007.

1. yazi

yazi Banned

Swamy Engineering Works

3, Blackers Road
    Vijay Complex, Anna Salai
    Chennai-600 002
    India

Telephone: 91-44-8549532
    Fax: 91-44-8517735

email: cinetekk@vsnl.com

2. yazi

yazi Banned

How do you know what kind of speakers is for what genre?

3. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Some really popular one's have become legends for certain genres so I guess you just follow the herd. But IMO those really cool celestions are way overpriced for us. The Rocket is all we'll get here apart from some custom OEM models but they're still waaaay better than anything made by the likes of Ahuja et al.

Eminence also makes some killer speakers for a lot less than the other guy. If the Guvnor is available I'd jump for one of those, but I think their available stock might be for Hi-Fi.

Odd though. There's this guy in Pune working out of a little shack whose making big waves in the Audiophile circuit for some revolutionary designs. Apparently he's "watch out BOSE" material. Charges something like 3.5lacs for a set, can't remember the name though. And we can't get a decent guitar speaker... :(

4. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I tried that email ID yesterday..doesn't work :annoyed:. I have read that Eminence Legend GB128 is a great all-round British-flavoured speaker.

5. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

I'm sure it is. Another hot fav generic Rock 'N Roll speaker is the Celestion G12H30 among the affordable ones anyway. But I'm hearing good things about Sammi, a Korean brand that's quite a hit with the budget folks looking for a good allround speaker. That 36W clip I posted is played through them and they're cheaper than the Rocket. I mailed the source but they're selling 50 minimum. I still need to check with Prosound about speakers, Anybody in Mumbai gone there lately?

6. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

The general consensus on forums seems to tilt towards the USA made Eminences. The GB128 is supposedly modelled after the famous Celestion Greenbacks of the yesteryears. It costs $70 new.

EDIT: Tallkien did you try these contacts for Sammi speakers?

Sammi Sound Tech India
    Importers of speaker components.
    Address: D-137, Hosiery Complex, Phase 2, Extension, Noida - 201 305, India
    Phone: +(91)-(120)-4326042 Fax: +(91)-(120)-4326043

7. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

superb! looks like I need to make a lot of phone calls...and me likes them eminences

8. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

^ good luck. Let us know how it goes.