EMG HZ passive pickups

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by zak*wylde, Jul 14, 2008.

1. zak*wylde

zak*wylde New Member

I have an ESP LTD M100 FM guitar.........It is an awsome guitar but i still want a higher quality sound.........so i have decided to remove the bridge pickup and put an EMG HZ passive pickup....is this pickup good ?????? If not could any one suggest some other passive pickup

2. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

I dont know but i read somewhere its not good to replace just one pick up, you have to have matching pick ups at all positions...

Not sure though

3. Fastlicks

Fastlicks New Member

Passive pick ups

Zak , High quality sound is largely dependent upon the wood of the guitar body , even for electric solid body guitars. Adler , Swamp Ash , Mahogany etc.
    Pick ups will only amplify , add overtones etc.
    Costlier the electric guitar better the wood of the guitar body. Change the body and you will have much higher tonal quality. You could bet spare guitar bodies of above woods from many online stores in the US.
    Best of luck ,
    Fastlicks

4. thepacifist2013

thepacifist2013 V.I.P Member

What's your processor, amp and any other setup you use? Whether your tone will get better depends on your entire chain. For eg, played through a stranger, even the pickups of an ESP sound nowhere near what they are actually capable of.

5. zak*wylde

zak*wylde New Member

thanx guys for the fast reply ....... i would now consider increasing my budget and buy a gud amp (i currently have a stranger 20W.....suckish amp) and maybe later a gud processor