EMG 81 or Seymour Duncan Blackouts...

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by varun1712, Sep 23, 2007.

1. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

im sick of my stock pickups an wanna change im confused between EMG 81 or Seymour Duncan Blackout.......... blackouts r supposed to be more quite an with a lot more 'thump' an crunch...... even the 81's rnt bad but ppl say they r a bit plastic......... i play Children of Bodom, Metallica, Cradle of Filth, Lamb of God an other such heavy stuff........i hav a Marshall MG50 an my guitars thru a zoom processor an a digitech death metal stopmbox............ what do u guys think EMG or Seymour.......damn my guitar will become a total Jackson man....... every thing will look lika a Dinky.........

2. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

emg's in no way sound plastic.. they are very good pickups.. hammet, hietfield uses them.. laiho uses them.. though passive.. and a lot more use them... though i havnt played the SD, i think emg's are better...

3. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

even i thought EMG's r better.....but my friend in US gotta pair of SD's an he had EMG's earlier, he thought the SD'd r much better......but will they be available ?? cuz this model is VERY NEW !!

4. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

dude blackouts are VERY NEW !!! wait for a few months....they'll all get them !!! me personally prefer SD's.

5. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

lol.. and i thought u were intellegent .. silly me

6. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

aaaaaaaaaahhh im srry man fr bringin ur hopes down !!! my bad.........

7. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

ahhah..emgs...good for metal ..sucks for everythin else .since u play metal..it il be the right pickup for you

8. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

ohk........yea an im having problems getting the active 81's to suit my guitar as im only buying for the bridge and i have passive pickups so ill need to get the HZ H4 ...... the one Alexi uses :D ...or else i hav to get a pair of 81's, which is ****ing expensive..... plus it would be a real pain in the ass to change the batteries of an active pickup everytime !!!

9. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

Your such a stereo typoed fag...

(looks at my ESP alexi laiho)

ok maybe not so much.

PS: The EMG HZ is quite awful. Im thinking of removing it for a duncan JB... And the blackouts are just EMGs with a more balanced output. Good i guess but then i dont see the point....

Passive pickups = balanced output right?
    Active = High Gain or whatever
    So when you give the active a balanced output doesnt it just become a Battery Powered Passive....

Someone enlighten me.

10. Shreddy

*stereotyped.

No, i dont know how to use EDIT>

11. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

dude Mick Thomson of Slipknot........ Dave Mustaine............ Lamb of God's Mark Morton, Phil Campbell of Motorhead, Andreas Kisser & Derrick Green of Sepultura,......u want more names,........ USE BLACKOUTS !!!!

12. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

dude they have been using blackouts for a long time.. they dont just CHANGE to other pickups.. its personell prefrence.. how can u say tht people who use emg's will change to blackouts..

13. Shreddy

I think they all will...since its a more balanced output and hence more versitile-ness.

14. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

exactly my point.....the sound is more organice and more punch..if u likes EMG's ull love these !!! AND they are cheaper.....

15. Shreddy

But i dont see why LOG etc will change. I mean they don't use cleans....and having a Higher GAIN pickup would favour them better. It's more for the publicity. Seymour Duncan must have paid Mark Morton more.

16. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

lol its all for the money, even Mick Thomson's changed !!!

17. Shreddy

He's not a real musician^ Real musicians don't have Ibanez signatures and play BC Rich...

18. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

hahahahahahah lolll..................yea well nowdays he does play this signature, the MTM 2.....the newER version with BLACKOUTS...

19. Shreddy

When i used to 'watch' slipknot videos on youtube i only saw him with those BCrich guitars. Man i hate/hated slipknot so much. POSEURS.

20. DagMX

DagMX New Member

hey! no hating on account of bc rich...plus jim root now has a really ***y tele sig guitar...

anyway i get my blackouts in a week or two...cant wait...and then gonna get them for my 7 string come november when they should release