Electronics Q&A thread

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by yazi, May 11, 2007.

1. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Ok, damn lol. It seems like the wisest thing to Tube the tone

2. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

It is very tubey sounding yes, plus at 600 bucks its a steal. I also strongly recommend a layout (and PCB) for it. Mine became a rat's nest by the time I was done with it. I had to mount the tranformer externanlly to eliminate some buzz but other than that it is super quiet, and really nice sounding. I don't have a mixer but I'll be using it to send a parallel signal DI to a delta card once I get me one of those, apart from mic'ing the tube amp ofcourse

3. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Where do you think I got my fundaes;);)??? Geofex is a treasure trove of information.

And some guys will claim carbon-comps make everything have vintage mojo, even effects. Just trying to bust that myth here:)

4. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

They could be right, I'd still rather have a quiet effect or amp. I actually used CCs in my amp before knowing much about them. And in all the wrong places...lol. I frankly couldn't tell the difference when I replaced them, But then I replaced a lot of things at the same time. The amp has some mojo going on ;) just not sure where from