Electro - acoustic guitar in the album video

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by wisevijay, May 5, 2004.

1. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

Hey guys i had seen an electro-acoustic guitar in the album video(thats what i call it) of Nothing else matters which had screws at its back.Pls could anyone tell me what they r.:think:

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

As you said its an Electric Acoustic guitar... It has the quality pickups as you find in an Electric but gives you an acoustic tone.

Screws at the back maybe the circuit board.. But generally nothing is screwed to the back of the guitar.. :confused:

3. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

Screw i mean in that video james(lead guitarist) was running the screw driver on the back of the guitar(with the guitar kept on the table and his a** on the chair) what seemed to be his practice room.Do they have a lid like back to fix some wires or to correct some terminalogy.:think:
    Though i have no intensions of buying such guitars just asking because i m hungry to know more;-):)

4. jayanth

Its an Epiphone or a Gibson. check out their website. One on bangalore's best guitarists' Bruce Lee Mani has one .. Really good one..

I think you are talking about the White Guitar right??

5. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

Yeh right.its the white on.:)
    Bruce Lee Mani.....Indian:think:
    well heres its photo

Attached Files:

6. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

Too many guitars in the above pic.Its the white coloured one who is laying flat on the ground;-):) :rule:

7. jayanth

I have played on one like that..
    Its by a company called Epiphone.. Slammer also has one such guitar which Chestor Bennington - Linkin Park Uses..

I must say its a great guitar...

They are called acoustic/electric guitars.. Which look like Acoustic and is actually electric.. I used one such guitar in a college show. But that was green in colour. I will upload the pic ;-)

8. jayanth

9. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

U have played that type of guitar!!!!!!!:shock:
    Man thats cool stuff.i have just played my guitar sirs Fender electronic and my acoustic.
    well check out the 16 string guitar in this pic.Its the same one but with a pointer;-)

Attached Files:

10. jayanth

That Green one is the SAME... type.. And My friend liked it so much that i gave it to him.. Its still with us..

11. jayanth

!6 Strings??? :confused: Dont Exsist..

Its a Double neck guitar with one neck having 12 strings and the other having 6.. Three guitarists here in bangalore have Double Necks..

Steve Vai has a guiatr with three necks. So Does Paul Gilbert ..
    :rule:

12. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

Hey mod.......the link dosent work,it says that the requsted file wasnt found.:think:

13. jayanth

Check Now its working... :rule:

14. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

sry wanted to say 18string.but as a guitar with one neck is called 6 string,2necks is 12 string,as thid one has 2 necks with one 12string neck and other neck with 6 strings so it should be called an 18 string guitar:confused: :confused:
    dont know much about guitar hardware though.:eek:

15. jayanth

Its never too late to learn...

Its called a double neck. NEVER called an 18 String Guitar..

12 String Guitars exsist.. Check out Talkamine's website (Through Google) They make amazing Twelve String Guitars..

Goto GIBSON's website and check out their Double Necks... Slash Uses one when he plays Knockin' On Heavens door..

The Top !2 String Guitar he plays the AcousticISH Intro. and the Distortion part on the Lower 6 string neck.. Its really my dream to own one..

16. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

in the video of hotel california a 12 string guitar is used...not the acoustic one.
    by the way whats the diffrence between a Rythym guitarist and a lead guitarist:think:

17. jayanth

A lead guitarist plays solo's and Riffs which give more light to the song.. Where as a Rhythm guitarist plays the Background more like chords and power chords..

18. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

Ok thanx man.u gotta lot of experience and knowledge in guitar.
    I :nw: doun to u dude.

19. jayanth

Its ok.. I'm here to share my knowlegde..

20. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

Hey man saw the picks.
    Dont know who is that but as u said that u have played an green acoustic/electric guitar i think its u.
    the guitars a cool one and the mask too.;-):)