Electric guitar under 20k

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by d-man, Apr 21, 2012.

1. d-man

d-man New Member

Hey guys,i am new here.
    I have been playing the acoustic for a few months now and want to move to an electric. I want a good guitar and amp under 20k( budget is strict). I want something versatile, decent tone, preferably with a thin neck. I'm into all kinds of rock (alternative, metal, punk etc.)
    I was looking at the the Ibanez grg150(i think it was the 150dx though), definitely had some crunch, seemed impressive at about 14k, (but would mean a cheaper amp like the 10watt ashton ga-10, which didnt sound too clean) . The fender strat was ok, but seemed way too thin and light. I'm open to other suggestions.
    As for the amp, i just want something decent for practice, with decent clean and distortion.
    As states earlier, the combo should be under 20k, and available in Delhi

2. tirtha2chester

tirtha2chester New Member

Don't o for Ibanez Gios, Javas or Jackson JS Guitars... However temptin they may seen, they are the worst of the lot. You can manage a Samick Greg Bennett AV1 and a Roland Cube 15 or a Schecter Omen 6 with a laney 10 Watt amp(not as great as the roland but still good) under 20k... They are the best deals you have.. Try to stay away from corts, their low end basswood bodies can give you grief...

And don't go for low Marshall or Fender Frontmans... Once again, though they sound tempting, they are the worst of the lot...

3. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

cort m 600,cort evl k4,cort vx 2v,cort cr 250

4. shubhamAT

shubhamAT New Member

Not much of an expert but Cort X series are good VFM. About Basswood, i can't say how it affects tone but 3months on of daily indoor usage and no dents yet. About the FR bridge, i don't use the bar, but without it the guitar stays in tune for weeks !!. Except for some minor adjustments done through the fine-tuners i never really have to open the locking nuts. Even on the rare occasions when i have played with the bar the guitar stayed in tune. The only think that bothers me a little is that the guitar is a bit neck heavy. When playing standing up the guitar tends to get parallel to the ground.

5. kaustubhvs

kaustubhvs New Member

dude plz check for yamaha pacifica 112J,with Alder body ,sounds really good. price 16k

6. kaustubhvs

kaustubhvs New Member

ibanez gio are the worst....dont ever think of those......