Electric Guitar to purchase. Which one??? BUDGET RS.50,000

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by maxex, Aug 26, 2011.

1. deepsal

deepsal New Member

he'l mature someday *shrugs*
    i was a die hard linkin park fan 5 years back i used to write lp on my ass
    but now i have matured i dont listen to em anymore there music is pretty simple its backed by synths n shit and lacks solos i listen to variety of music from dream theatre,racer x to mesuggah and all major metalcore bands like kse atr and stuff these days i guess he'l listen to em too if not death metal then prog metal atleast
    and regarding the processor advice *middle finger* versitality is ok but i'd rather stick to one kickass sounding piece of gear rather than a piece of gear which is versatile but sounds crap

and tube amps are a long term investment mind that
    with technological advancements new processors pop up every moth or so they aint future proof

and yes its a 50w amp and no its not an overkill for home use i use a 120w amp at 7 o clock and the neighbours dont complain

another rule of thumb spend 70% of your budget on your amp and 30% on the guitar because 90% of the tone comes from the amp so its the most imp part of a rig who disagrees with it either owns a spider or a mg....

2. deepsal

deepsal New Member

@maxex its high time you start listening to songs like this
    THREAT SIGNAL - A New Beginning - YouTube
    if you dont like the vocals ignore them listen to the guitar and drums part and especially the solo in the end its one of my favourite songs
    and stop listening to enrique and atif aslam

3. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

i meant the people who have a lot of experience with guitars
    and can guide maxex

4. wylder

wylder Member

@OP: Dude, sorry for the confusing advice posted on this thread.
    And yes, there is a dearth of experience here, but here's my 2 cents though. I have been playing for about 14 years.

Sorry if I keep repeating myself, but the primary role of buying gear for anyone short of a Pro is to inspire you to practice. Anything that can get you there is the best for you. Things that shape your technique initially will be the guitar itself, specifically the neck shape and length/string tension.

Guitars come in two basic types: Fender Stratocaster type and Gibson Les Paul.
    Strat type guitars have long and slender necks, allowing more space between frets and hence the highest frets are usable, even at frets 22 to 24.
    LP type guitars have shorter and thicker necks, allowing a looser feel of the string, making it more bendable and also giving it a more meaty, less shrill sound.

As a beginner, there is no clear advantage in going for either guitar. You may have a bit of difficulty if you are used to feel of a particular guitar and then switch to another later if you are in very advanced stages (when you play a lot of fast stuff out of muscle memory, without thinking). So pick up a guitar that is most similar to what your heroes play, in your case Fender Strat/Ibanez Super Strats.

About tube amp vs effects unit: Yes, tube amp does have a great tone. But most people starting out aren't connoisseurs of pure valve tone and playing dynamics. A beginner is bound to take more notice of the effects on their guitar hero's tone than the dynamics or other intricacies. When you feel that you sound nothing like the song you are trying to emulate, you end up losing interest in practice. Also, for a beginner a processor is a nice base to build up knowledge of the wide array of effects available to a guitarist like Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Flange, Phase, Wah, Auto-Wah etc. Once you start gigging and want to have a tone that sounds unique, you are ready for a tube amp.

alpha1 likes this.
  5. maxex

maxex New Member

thanks dude