Electric Guitar to purchase. Which one??? BUDGET RS.50,000

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by maxex, Aug 26, 2011.

1. maxex

maxex New Member

No idea of electric guitars, been playing acoustic one
    need recommendations.
    and for a AMPS too.
    Budget for electric one and AMPS will be around RS.50,000

P.S.- I personally like one of the MARSHALL AMPS

THANKS IN ADVANCE

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

If you could tell where you live i might help you in a better way...

3. maxex

maxex New Member

I am planning to buy from furtados Kalbadevi road, Mumbai

4. allen sebastian

allen sebastian reverbnation.com/nissi

50,000? wats the reason behind this budget? if you want a good guitar u can get it for 15,000 to 20,000! and not familiar with amps if u dont have a processors go with digitech's any model.

5. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

@maxex: What styles of music you play or love to play

6. deepsal

deepsal New Member

@allen keep your advice with yourself you amuse me

7. allen sebastian

deepsal if you have a suggestion regarding the topic post u reply., use forums to to gain what you want., then share what you like., if you dont like a post u dont have to worry buddy! the admin will take care! ;-) LMAO :p

8. deepsal

deepsal New Member

he'd asked the question personally via pm douche i gave jim my advice already scumbag

9. allen sebastian

u should mind ur language man :) IGTians should be treated as bros!

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

deepsal pinto ko gussa kyun aata hai?

Deepsal: are you still in teenage? Because among all living creatures, only teenagers (not all) feel its cool to abuse other ppl, and have a false notion that they are more intelligent, knowledgeable and strong in all aspects than anyone else in this world.

11. flood

flood New Member

@allen, deepsal - broseph stalin says FIGHT ****FACES FIGHT

@OP -get yourself a mex strat or one of the greg bennet LP clones and a 15W tube amp. /thread.

12. deepsal

deepsal New Member

i am 18+
    @baad a peavey valveking 2x12 and a rga32 thats what i suggested and thats what he liked its perfect for the kind of music he listens to

13. wylder

wylder Member

@OP: Your budget is quite large if you are a beginner. At the same time, if you are a skilled acoustic player, there is no reason why you can't make the 50k guitar worth every penny you paid for it.

For recommendations, could you let us know the following:
    How long have you been playing acoustic?
    What genre are you looking at playing?
    Do you have a particular artist that you idolize/want to sound like?

14. deepsal

deepsal New Member

he's into linkin park,limp bizkit and stuff this guy can afford a tube amp so its my humble request dont suggest him to buy things like a spider/mg or any other solid state/modeler amp teamed up with pedals like ds1 or dsp's/processors like rp50

15. wylder

wylder Member

Linkin Park/Limp Bizkit? That's a lot of money being wasted then...

NOM but I think a guy looking at more electronic based music would be looking for more effects and a variety of amp models more useful. There is a possibility that this dude will find the amp falling short of his expectations as it will provide him with only one tone. New guitarists may not care much for an amp's sensitivity and tube-y feel.

I would recommend spending more on the guitar if you have to. Btw, that Peavey is a 50 watter right? Might be a bit of overkill for home use??

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Just because he has money to squander - doesn't mean you actually make him squander.
    He has to realize that the money is well spent.

And I agree with Wylder, when he says - that spending everything on a tube amp might sound limiting (tonewise) to the OP.
    And he may not be a tone-nazi to care for a t00b amp tone.
    Besides, the bands Linkin Park and Limp Bizkits employ pretty high gain. A territory where Solidstate devices can hold their ground against the t00b onslaught.

PS: 18+ means you are not 20 yet. Which means a teenager! (prove me wrong)

17. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Well there are few new Amps which are going to arrive at Furtados Mumbai. Just call them up and confirm if the new consignment of amp is arrived or not. One of them is Vox VT 20+ which has lot of inbuilt effects worth checking out. There are many similar Vox Amps in that category
    Vox Valvetronix VT20+ 20W 1x8 Guitar Combo Amp and more Guitar Amplifiers at GuitarCenter.com.

If you planning to purchase pedals as well then stay away from such amps. There are many other SS and Tube amps out there to go for then

Also I have my Ibanez Sabre for sale. Not using it since i have my Fender strat now. I have pm'ed you the details incase if you are interested.

18. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

browse the net
    shortlist ur choices in the budget
    then post here
    the experts will tell u which to choose

19. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

There are no experts here....

20. maxex

maxex New Member

guys i like Linkin Park/Limp Bizkit but at the same time i am also into music like enrique,james blunt (soft songs)
    and yes on my semi-acoustic i have played most of the atif aslam's songs from the albums or from movies
    tried for "rock on" movie songs but sound, not to my expectations. will play the day i own a electric guitar.