Electric Guitar India: Budget 45k with amps etc.

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by michael5681, Oct 14, 2006.

1. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^^I wouldn't buy an Ibanez too...This for those who can't live without floyd rose :p:
    Also, a custom made guitar can be also taken into account...

But yes...PRS rox....

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

I've never played a PRS , But by reading the reviews and user reviews i definately suggest it!!!

3. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

The PRS Santana 2 is very tempting for players with small hands like me,But alas it costs a BOMB :)

4. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

35,000.....thats a pretty low price compared to a Jem , JS etc......and for a signature guitar of a guitarist like santana i think its totally worth it....even though i never would buy it!!!.....

5. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

oops i thought you were talking about the PRS Santana SE sorry

6. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

7. rohit

rohit New Member

^it has got a OM symbol on truss rod cover.
    real beauty.

8. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

somehow you've conveniently taken out the but and question mark here haven't you? punctuation does make a difference as to how the sentence is interpreted. so i'll back off on that statement, alright? my apologies :beer:

but doesn't take away from saying that epiphone is just a cheap alternative. isn't most of the stuff we have a cheap alternative? also, within his budget i'd suggest putting more emphasis on a good amp, or drop the idea of an amp altogether. buying a good guitar and putting it through a bad amp just ruins the whole point.

if you have a tube amp you're one of the few in india that does, and still posts on these forums, but then again you said i'm shit at assuming :p:

9. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

I have an Amp With a Tube Pre-Amp if thats Counted as a t00b amp,Sorry for my rude reply though :) :banana:

10. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Which amp is it?

and i take back what i said about buying a PRS with the 45k! Wait for the LTDS dude!! they are seriously worth every rupee!

11. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Laney LV200 65watt amp with an ECC83 in the Preamp, I badly needed some reprieve from my shitty 10 watt Marshall MG :)

12. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

yea...those marshall 10CDs are nothing more than home practice amps..i used mine for almost two years....trying to sell it now that i got a Laney TFX1

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Why not get a programmable preamp that can also do DI?

14. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

^^^AlphaBhai,Whats DI ???

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Direct In.

That means you can do direct recording or sending trhe signal to the mixer.

Usually DI stuff gives you (or atleast supposed to give you) the smae tone as you would get by micing up an amp cabinet.

16. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Speaking of DI boxes, what amp would one use with them?

How does u'r Tri A.C sound through the MG?

17. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Speaking of DI boxes, what amp would one use with them?
    How does u'r Tri A.C sound through the MG?

I dont think you would need an amp to run thru a DI. A DI is there to replace amp-cabinet-microphone combo. Of course you can take a line-out from your amp and feed it to DI, which can connect to the mixer/recorder.

Tri-AC is not exactly a typical pure-DI box. DI box are supposed to do only impedance matching. The speaker emulation, amp emulation etc are supposed to be taken care by other stomp boxes.

TRI-AC, I guess, takes care of all of those.

I actually run my TRI-AC into the line-in of Marshall. So dunno, exactly how it will sound via guitar-in. But I guess, in general, since Tri-AC does amp coloring, and Marshall will also do the same, we can expect intensely trebly, high presence, thin tone with very little bass. In short, imagine it to be EXACT reverse of muddy.

Is this it ?
    https://www.tech21nyc.com/triac.html
    if yes,is it better then the AMT's Alpha ?

Yup. Thats it.

I cannot say whether it is better than AMT, since I never tried the AMT product.
    Tech 21 Tri-AC is similar to AMT DistMachine (https://www.amtelectronics.com/products/product_pages/distmachine.html)
    and Tech 21 GT-2 is similar to AMT DistStation (https://www.amtelectronics.com/products/product_pages/station.html)

In general, I found the AMT pedals to be more modern sounding compared to Tech21 pedals.

eg, If you take British (Marshally) pedal of AMT - its sound more like a hot rodded JCM 800.
    Whereas a Bristish on Tech21 pedals will sound more like a Marshall Plexi/SuperLead

DC: I just got the n00 microphone. Lemme wire it properly, then I can record and compare the DI, Line-in to amp, and Guitar-in to amp tones.
    :)

19. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

/\/\ Which Marshall are you running the Tri-AC thru ?? and why not through the Guitar-in Alpha Bhai ?

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

MG10CD.
    :eek::

Why should I run via Guitar-in?
    Guitar-in is supposed to take clean sound of guitar.