Electric Guitar India: Budget 45k with amps etc.

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by michael5681, Oct 14, 2006.

1. michael5681

michael5681 New Member

Guys,i want 2 buy a les paul or some other guitar like it.i want my guitar to hv that classic look.i stay in mumbai and don't know where to get it.maybe some of my relatives might go 2 dubai or uk.so should i tel them 2 get or should i get it frokm here itself.and alos wat bout the duties,customs if i want to get it.

P.S:i like shark fin,tooth inlays a lot.So i want a guitar with it.CAn u give your guitars to shops where they put inlays?

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

you can maybe get an epiphone les paul for that price.
    do check the online music stores for a rough estimate of the cheapest it can cost new. shops will charge more because of service (dunno the right term). they will cost you a bit more in the uk, unless you take a vat receipt and refund it at the airport. no duty in dubai i guess.

to bring it into india you need to either pass it off as an old guitar that the person took with them, or was gifted to them. else pay customs (~35%). allowance ceiling is supposedly 25k

3. michael5681

michael5681 New Member

MAn Urgent,need new guitar

wats allowance ceiling?and also can we order from net U.S make gibson.?is it cheaper to order from net or tell your relative to get it?

4. thehundredthone

25k is supposedly the maximum price allowed to be brought in without customs being charged on it. i dunno if there'll still be any chai paani on that.

it may be cheaper to order from the net if the item+shipping (called the landing price or some such) is less than 25k. if not, tell a relative to bring it (and try to see to it that it costs less than 25k)

alternately get whatever you want and tell your relative to say it is an old(er) guitar that they've been using for a while. this might require some preparations. someone who's actually brought in a guitar that cost more than customs allowance might be able to guide you better.

5. zing

zing Machine Head

hey peter pereira can giv u lp n shark fin inlays - with ur budget u may not hav 2 wait either

an original lp will cost abt double ur budget & an epiphone will sound like crap so imho u get ur relatives to get the original parts n assemble it here

6. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

^^^Zing,WE ARE STILL WAITING for good quality photos BTW.

7. rammy

rammy Guitar=Dope ; Me=Addict

@zing - well have u ever even played an epi paul to say tht it sucks... u'v been playing not even the low end but a copy, i dont think u are eligible enough to give a review on it... ---->Epiphone Rocks<---, and thts y many premier guitarist own and use thm...

8. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

^^^Rammy,Could you please name these so called PREMIER players :think:..............Umm lets face it,Epiphone is just a cheap alternative for people who cant afford a Gibson,but that doesnt mean it SUX ?

9. axeman1986

axeman1986 New Member

I own an Epiphone SG and have owned an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and an Epiphone Dot which my little cousin uses now.
    Construction-wise they are really good guitars. Miles ahead of low end PRS, Ibanez, etc.
    Look-wise they give very good competition to Gibsons versions of the 2 and even the now-defunct Tokai Les Paul Copy.
    They are budget guitars but that in no way means that they aren't any good.
    Pickups on most of them are comparably weaker in output than those on PRS, Ibanez (the Dot being an exception) but way better sounding . No filthy tinny noises from these. Pickup are of high quality.
    Plus the Epiphone Elitist series is to die for.
    The Beatles played Epiphone guitars.
    The Beatles, you dumbass!

10. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

yukh,The beatles :ukkh thu(spits):

11. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Watch what u say lowlife!!

12. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

I might not like the band or anything related to them,But I just replied to the person in the same manner he/she addressed me.Simple !

13. zing

zing Machine Head

as a matter of fact i have played the epi & thot it sucked which is why i went 4 a copy

n b4 u call it "just a copy" lemme tell u its assembled frm th orig gibson components so it prolly sounds better thn a premier epiphone :)

devil sorry mon i'll post the pix soon my bro took my digicam on a trek n returned it minus the cable :mad:

14. axeman1986

axeman1986 New Member

Because I called you a dumbass knowing that you really are one?
    Go run to your bathroom, put some slipknot on and cut chunks of your penis/vagina off with rusted blades.
    Poseur.

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Been there, done that, what next?

16. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

If u want to buy a guitar for 45k, go for either PRS SE or Ibanez RG series......the PRS looks and feels (And plays) gr8 but it doesn't have floyd Rose, only has tremolo...U wouldn't be able to buy amp then.....Choice is urs..

17. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

^^Hell Yeah Alpha !!

@axeman, yeah sure thing and U just Go cry in ur moms lap like a wuss and cry " Everybody's Got Something To Hide"

18. thehundredthone

i'm assuming here that you can afford a gibson. and that you have a nice tube amp to play it through.

and you say "doesn't that mean it SUX ?"
    it being cheaper sure as hell doesn't mean it SUX. here i'm probably guessing you think just buying a les paul will make you sound like slash

19. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Where have your reading skills gone bro ?
    I CLEARLY WROTE "THAT DOESNT MEAN IT SUX" ....Go get laid kid,U need it and STOP ASSUMING,U suck at it !!!

20. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

With 45k :

I would'nt:
    Buy an ibanez RG......ive had bad enough experience for a lifetime
    Buy a marshall

I would:
    Buy a PRS , LTD or a Jackson
    Buy a Laney