Electric Guitar - Gb&a or Ibanez

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by vikas149, Dec 15, 2005.

1. vikas149

vikas149 New Member

Aww ... Never mind the axe thingy.

Newayz ... thx a lot

2. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

dont u have a jackson kelly;)

3. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Nops.. Me has a Jackson Randy Rhodes... and an Ibanez Rg270DX..

4. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Christmas Sale Closed!!
    Sold the RG for 25 with Case.. Sadly.. But i dont care..
    He bought it out of sympathy.. And cause it had original LA pickups..

5. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

lost respect for you already!!

6. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Thanks.. I can sell anything .. Thats the moral..

7. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

I have Gb&a it's FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR better then the low end Ibanez though.

8. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

I agree...especially the PRS to Givson bit! Seriously speaking - play both guitars across various amps and "hear" for a change...that's all that counts. This is one reason why EMG invented active pickups so that the guitar sunds the same irrespective of the amp...but am guessing neither of these guitars have active pups!

Cheers!

9. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Ibanez options

No point in going for low end ibanez floyds, spend less and buy the GRG170DX instead. Its very good for its 12K price tag.

Otherwise, if you have a little more money, and are not much of a whammy fan, check out the RG321MH. This one is has the same infinity pickups and the wizard II neck as the RG370DX, but a fixed bridge. Finish and tone are much better, and the 5 way coil tap switch is amazing. costs 17K in bangalore with belt and bag.

I exchanged my 3 month old RG370DX for a new 321MH, and boy am I happy. TRy it out before you decide.

As for the amp, I guess the Marshall 15CD/CDR would be good enough for now. Don't know about the Ibanez, but am not at all impressed by the stranger.

10. chintan9

Dude RG321MH for 17k????? where????

11. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

hmmm...that's precisely what I don't like about them. A guitar sound is a combination of a lot of things. There's so much you can do to change it just by picking this way or that, And the amp I believe is at least one half of your sound. It'd be a shame to have everything sound monotonic, At least for me

12. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Do you know why these necks are getting such flack? A five piece neck sounds like something I'd want. Haven't played one though

13. chintan9

Cause its bulkier.

14. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

out of balance kind of bulkier or just a little heavy. Anyone seen one anywhere in mumbai? Would like to sample one of these for myself

15. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Patrick's complex, at brigade residency crossing.. the new shop, last one on the LEFT. The right hand shops are bad. This one is called World of Music or something. I got a weathered black finish one, 17K with belt and bag and picks, no bill, but with Warranty. Actually my friend who took my 370DX knows that guy as they keep purchasing gear from there. I could get you RG370DX for 21.5K as well. Give me a call on 9845483463 if you need more help.

16. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

u get rg370dx for 20k in delhi at onstage just went here yesterday

17. chintan9

oh ya ive been to this place. This is great news man. Does this guy sell Schecters and all??? If he can get Schecter i will buy for sure.

18. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Is that with Infinity pickups and wizard II neck, or powersound pickups and wizard neck? The Infinities have INF3 / INF 4 written on the pickup face. The powersound ones have shiny pole pieces.