Electric guitar from US - 10-12K

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by amp dude, Mar 22, 2011.

1. amp dude

amp dude New Member

Hi,

I am totally new to guitar. But I am willing to learn, directly from Electric. I think I have the dedication. If not I can atleast learn and copy the tabs.

Anyway, a friend is coming from US and I am of the feeling that in US I can get almost 70% cheaper guitars. True? If so, then I want to bring my first guitar ever through him. It should be an electric. Budget: 10K INR. Suggestions.

Can amps too be obtained more than 50% cheaper in US? If so, please suggest a 10K amp too. Else I will buy an amp from India.

Music: Instrumental guitar songs (Joe Satriani like), HATE heavy/death metal. I would like to have soft/warm metal kind of tone to my guitar. Not heavy/sharp.

2. NirvanaGuitars

NirvanaGuitars New Member

Hey this is nirvana guitars and we are a custom guitar brand yes you have the right info abt guitars that they are cheaper from us but i strongly suggest u do not go for a guitar if it is not tested by a good musician you never noe even after many ppl test their guitars from shops they turn out 2 have a crappier sound after a span of 6 mths.
    i also posess some very good guitar starter pack which would fit your budget and i assure quality as the guitars cum wid large warranties. and we also offer free shipping in india so there is no extra cost charged. and we have some extremely experienced musicians to test the guitars and give the exact sound quality required for your kind of music.

3. overkill

overkill New Member

Good luck.

Is it permitted to advertise here? "Hi. I work for so and so and am looking to score major brownie points, so please *licking shoes* come buy from us." I mean damn, man, at least ACT like you're unbiased. "Hi. My name is Raj Doe, and boy do I fancy Nirvana Guitars and musical instruments.com" etc .

4. overkill

overkill New Member

"Administrator, I wish to complain in the strongest possible terms to the previous post. This is an open forum. Whether someone wants his shoes licked or not is completely beside the point."

5. amp dude

amp dude New Member

ontopic bump

6. theghost

theghost New Member

amp dude check out the squier guitar series.
    But u'll also need a hard case to carry the guitar here so extend ur budget a bit.
    And no getting an amp is not practically possible.

7. amp dude

amp dude New Member

OK will check out the squier series

8. Torvoraptor

Torvoraptor New Member

I've heard amazing things about the Rondomusic Agiles in the US. They're supposed to be pretty amazing les paul copies.

https://www.rondomusic.com/al2000slvr.html

https://www.rondomusic.com/al-2500albino.html

etc etc.
    As for amps, you pretty much have a choice between a small digital amp with a multitude of effects (Fender Mustang) or a small tube amp with nothing but a volume control (Epi Valve Jr)

Personally I'd be happy with a practice amp for a long time.

9. drock666

drock666 New Member

Within 10K you can get Epiphone Les Paul Special II - not bad for a startup.

Squire guitars pretty much sucks! I personally won't recommend anyone to buy one.

And no, you don't get 70% cheaper, unless you meant 30% cheaper.. which IS the case.

10. varunmm4

varunmm4 New Member

Yeah you get them 30% cheaper. Epiphone>Squier.
    Try to buy one with a nice tonewood so that even if you want to improve your sound later-on, you can do so by changing pickups and you have a good tonewood to fall back on.

If you're in mumbai and wanna buy a 2nd hand guitar + amp, pm me.