Electric Guitar from Singapore

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by dragonball, Apr 23, 2011.

1. dragonball

dragonball New Member

OK.

1) How much can I expect AV6 for, in Singapore? I read AV7 retails for ~500USD. My budget is ~300-350USD :(
    2) Will a soft/plastic cover suffice if I plan to bring it in flight cabin?

2. bcrich

bcrich New Member

1. AV6 is for about 20k in India. I think it should come in your budget in Singapore being cheaper there. If you don't find the AV-6 in your budget there, the following are some other guitars to look out for there-
    Yamaha Pacifica 112V/112J
    Greg Bennett Avion AV-3
    Greg Bennett Torino Series (SG shaped)

2. No experience in transporting a guitar on a flight. But I don't think so anything less than a hard case would survive the flight. Wait for other's answers on this one.

3. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

No point in getting AV6/AV7 from abroad.. you'll hardly save any money...

4. bcrich

bcrich New Member

Get an AV-3... Good guitar for price...

Buy a hard case with the money saved.

5. dragonball

dragonball New Member

@rickkkyrich: Will i be unable to save on all Avions- AV6/7/3 ? Why is that? What do you suggest then, taking care of the kind of sound I like?

@bcrich: I asked my friend as he had earlier brought a fender in cabin luggage w/o any hard case. So a cushioned cloth/plastic cover is sufficient. So there is no point wasting money on hardcase which will never be used.

6. bcrich

bcrich New Member

Ok. So bring it in a softcase..

7. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

As far as i know the prices of Greg Bennetts do not differ much from here in India.. I maybe wrong..

Anyways.. if you're getting it, remember that if you buy a hard shell case you will not be allowed to carry it as a cabin baggage.. you'll have to check it in... If you have a soft case you have a chance to carry it along as cabin baggage.. Again it depends on the airlines...

8. buster zoso

buster zoso New Member

I would like to point out one thing here. The Guitar God of Intrumentals always uses Fender Start so maybe Strat are good choices for Instrumental, But you can't get a Start cause for this budget you can only get Squier Strat which is the one of the worst imported guitar in the market. You don't know anything about guitar so you don't have much choice either. At this time I can convince you to pick a Givson Guitar by simply playing some Arabic and Reggae scales.
    But there is one guitar that might fit your bill which is the best beginner guitar also. The Squier Telecaster classic vibe 50s. The guitar gives MIM strats and teles a run for their money. It has got the twangy tone of MIA telecaster and it fits most genres as well. But problem is that this guitar cost a lot in India. While the guitar is supposed to cost $350 but it will cost you something around 30K INR which is nearly double the price. What more, this guitar is hard to find too. So its your choice and luck if you want this guitar and you get it. The Squier Strats are build based on quantity while teles are build based on quality.

9. dragonball

dragonball New Member

@buster: i dont think vibe 50s gives a tone which i want (posted earlier). I will probably look up AV3 or LPS2

10. buster zoso

buster zoso New Member

CV can cover all 5 videos you are interested in but anyways, it is your choice, no one gonna compel you. You must have have noted that the sound is modified? Because of that you can't hear the true guitar tone. Guitar learning is a long process and for some people it take a long time. You can develop your hand fully in just 6 months but ear development can take upto 5 years. Considering you are a total noob(as you said), your ear hasn't even started developing to the tone. But like I said earlier its your choice.
    One more thing, have seen people playing White Summer\Black Mountain side and it sounds just like a Danelectro. And great guitar solos like Stairway to Heaven and Hotel California were also done on a Tele.

11. dragonball

dragonball New Member

2 questions:
    1) How to identify a Squier Vibe 50 by looks? Do I also need to test it somehow (given that I dont know playing yet) ? How do I make sure its not an unreal/fake Vibe 50?
    2) Do I need to pre convert my INR to SGD before going there?

12. dragonball

dragonball New Member

Scratch the above 2 questions.

CV50 costs 25k INR equivalent even in Singapore. And Greg Bennetts are not kept by many stores in singapore !!
    What should i do now?

13. tapas.perti

tapas.perti New Member

Buy in India

Dragonball, it's not difficult to identify d Classic Vibe series ... On the front, thr's usually a sticker on them which says Classic Vibe ... For instance, this is d pic of a Classic Vibe Tele, hope this helps u : https://www.drumcityguitarland.com/...uier/Squier '50's Classic Vibe Telecaster.JPG ... And secondly, if ur planning to buy Greg Bennett, then let me tell u smthing ... I've checked the price of GB's which r stocked abroad (very rare) and the AV-6 costs like $600 (27k) ... And here at Furtado's (Delhi), the price of an AV-6 is 24,575 and thr's 10% discount on that (which amts to abt 22k) and also it comes a 3 year warranty ... So I guess u should decide where u wanna buy it from

Hope this post helps, good luck and peace :)

14. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Kids these days just don't listen..

15. tapas.perti

tapas.perti New Member

Lol, I so agree with u Rickky, ppl just run after brands, nt realising the skill is more important
    Tht's y I gave a full explanation because thr r no savings to be made if a GB is bought from abroad