electric guitar for intermediate user with a budget of rs 25000??where in bombay ???

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by dps8688, Jun 7, 2008.

1. dps8688

dps8688 New Member

i have been playin acoustic for 2 years .

i usuaaly play classic rock, bolly songs,pop, blues but not hard rock.

i want to get a guitar for something around 15k, a good amp , a processor around 5-6k and other accessories . i would like a guitar with a clear sound .

so which models can i look in for ???

i am confused between ibanez grx 80 ,grg 150 ,grg 180 dx esp viper-50 ,esp f-50,
    also i am planning to come from gujarat to bombay to buy them .

so where to buy . does furtados give the lowest price or bhargava`s or musician`s mall or some other place ????

pls give some suggestions .

thanks a lot

2. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

buy the ibanez rg 321mh, and a roland cube...

3. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

try the great av6.. its should suit ur kinda music...

4. pasterofmuppets

pasterofmuppets New Member

i would always recommened esp......low end ibanez suck big time.....and for a amp try d roland 20x or 30x .....i think 20x will fit in ur budget.....both are awesome amp's , gud enuf to bring down a house..n hav sum in built effects.....as for a processor i never liked them, pedals are always better

5. zak*wylde

zak*wylde New Member

go for the ibanez

Dude, if you dont play hard rock DONT buy ESP guitars especially the F-50 because they are primarily built for heavy distortion.Try the ibanez(grg270) as they are more versatile than ESP.
    You should try roland cube 15X15 amplifier or maybe a marshall

6. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

The ESPs in that range sucks ball

I've played the low end ltd50 that comes around 15K. and i thought the sound was comparable to the 6K behringer guitars....The ibanez RG 321 on the other hand is a great buy for the price...and it suits a veriety of styles
    @ts
    But since you play softer music you should seriously consider the AV series......

7. dps8688

dps8688 New Member

thanks a lot .
    i have heard that china made ibanez are better while indonesian ones are shit.
    rg 321 being indonesian ,is it true ??
    also from where to buy in bombay ????

8. thepacifist2013

thepacifist2013 V.I.P Member

If you can stretch your budget a little, I have a washburn fitted with seymour duncans. Playability-wise, the guitar is excellent. It has a slim neck, so fast fretwork is not a problem. The action has been set up low without any fret-buzz.
    The special part is the seymour duncans, which are the best after market pickups available anywhere. I have played 40k guitars owned by friends, and soundwise none of us can tell the difference. the SH-1n provides good clean sounds and the SH-4JB is high output, good for soloing, shredding and whatever else you want to do with it.

PM me if interested.

9. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

No. The indonesian ones are better than the chineese....what you herard must be about japanese ibanez guitars. they are the best but they cost more..

10. mammon

mammon New Member

id recommend

fender californian strat 8.5k
    zoom g 2.i u around 8k
    roland micro cube think 9k

11. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar New Member

For ur kinda music u should try Avion Av6..amazing guitars...They are truely poor mans gibson....
    Go for Roland amps......

12. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar New Member

The order in which the guitars are rated are as follows(Ascending order)
    USA made
    Japanese
    Indonesian
    China
    BE extremely careful while choosing china made lower end guitars. some guitars literally suck ... U wont even pee on them

13. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

although i dont have personal experience with either most people rate japanese guitars above american ones....

14. dps8688

dps8688 New Member

txs . i think i ll decide bout the model when i try a few of them personally in bombay .
    does furtados , bhargav`s etc offer discount on the rates from price list ????

15. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

go for a guitar having pickup configuration hsh or sss or ssh...dnt go for hh...as u said u lyk clean sounds u will love playing a guitar with single coil fitted in it...low cost guitars having humbuckers often sound muddy...i would say buy a strat ...dnt go for zoom g2.1u ...i agree it has tough body and high gain ...bt its damn noisy trust me...go for digitech or boss.

16. Torvoraptor

Torvoraptor New Member

Hmm... HH guitars are muddy?

I've played plenty of cheap squires and ibanezes and they pretty much sound dead and lifeless compared to my Avion- there's no reason to ignore HH guitars- there are plenty of good ones out there.

17. deepsal

deepsal New Member

All the processor mentioned here SUCK
    if i were you i would have gone for a peavey vypyr with a decent guitar
    do you even know what a dsp a.k.a processor in a noob's language does???
    or do you know what a modeler is
    a modeler into an amp =shit tone

18. deepsal

deepsal New Member

All the processor mentioned here SUCK
    if i were you i would have gone for a peavey vypyr with a decent guitar
    do you even know what a dsp a.k.a processor in a noob's language does???
    or do you know what a modeler is
    a modeler into an amp =shit tone