Electric guitar cost in India ?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ambush, Jun 16, 2005.

1. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

how much shoul i pay for an electric guitar+gear?
    i am talking lowest possible cost in india.

2. devilguitar

devilguitar New Member

Givson Blue Diamond + PLaymate Amplifier

Rs.3000 ( maximum ) :beer:

also depend on the place you are buying it from.

3. death angel

death angel the messenger from hell

Yup
    If you want it cheap you want it from Daryaganj, Delhi.

4. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

its 3K or 30K ?

I brought acoustics Givson guitar in 2.2K. How can the electrict guitar be so cheap.

5. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

dirt cheap

my combo was dirt cheap ...

elec guitar by givson for roughly 3.5 K
    marshal MG (some crap number) 3.5 K

total 7 K ...

after that i bought KORG processor for 8.5 K ...

6. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

u can get ZOOM processor for around 5.5 K ...

7. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

thanks for the info

8. da_punk_hunk

da_punk_hunk New Member

err...quite an informative thread...

Many of u seem to be from calcutta so i suppose u could help me out. I'm in a similar dilemma...got a less-than-shoe string budget of abt 3-3.5 k...been learnin on an accoustic on my own for a lil more than a year now. So still quite a novice n beginner.

I spoke to quite a few ppl who came up with suggestions like Givson, Tronad (gimme the dirt on this one coz tronad supposedly has a flying v look alike for 2.5k), n custom made ones from Braganza.

Just to let u know what i sort of a guitar i'm lookin for...i dun really care much abt the looks (though a flying v doesn sound bad for some reason :->) as long as the tone colour is rich *drools over the les paules* n i play stuff ranging from soft rock to death metal riffs (n sometimes leads).

I'm gonna pass on amps coz a) i guess i could plug the guitar into my deck or comp n b) coz my dad'l gimme the boot...

n if you could gimme names of stores in Cal where i could pick the gear from, it'd be great...particularly places in Lalbazar (heard they sell stuf dirt cheap)...

P.S....HURRY...lemme know...

9. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

in 3.5k? invest it for approx 50 years u mgiht end up with 25k - and buy gear with that..

dude u need to save up - even if a guitar is available for 3k - u dont want to e buying it coz itll be so bad ull die... ull enver get les paul tone in aything less than 25k (u can get something used)

10. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hey dude ...
    the tone of "guitar" isn't actually just guitar ... it is mainly amp ... and if u plug your guitar (even if it is Les Paul) into a deck or comp ... it'll sound thinner than razor's edge ...

go to shop and play the guitar and choose ... coz the kinda guitars u are talking about dont have much QC ... so each new peice will sound diff and feel diff from the previous one ...

11. da_punk_hunk

da_punk_hunk New Member

good idea about the investment plan...NOW it's a choice between HDFC or Stan Chart...

The reason i'm not botherin abt the amp or processor is that if i'm playing a gig i can whack some friends processor (he's got a neat 606) n amp as well. So basicaly what I NEED the electric for is to learn on it. Stuff which I can't pick up or practice on my accoustic. N esp considering the music I wanna play, an accoustic would be pretty useless...

so the budget still stands at 3-3.5k... help please...

n oh yeah, as much of a novice that I am, something tells me that the Guitar DOES contribute significantly to the tone... I dunno what to call it..hmm...music sense, maybe ?

Anyhow, plz keep the comments rollin in...

12. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

better investment will be stock markets or real estate ... will give u faster returns ... but with obvious risks ...

yaar lemme tell u frankly ... if u are going for electric coz u wanna play elec style ... i assume u mean u wann put some overdrive/dist ...

so u will havto go for amp or processor ... but if u have som electrical knack ... u can make your own fuzz circuit ... and put it in between your guitar and music system ... yeah that can work ... and make the tone also sound better (u can fit in bass/mid/treble control also - actually that is mandatory in fuzz circuit) ...

13. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

ur right u need a good guiatr for goo tone but i know u wont get anything with a tone better than a broken tape recorder in 3.5k- try for 5k and then try secndhand market for a decent piece.. u might be able to pick up a yamaha pacifica or an ibanez grg or maybe even a squire... im not saying that any of these guitars are great but since u really really want an electric im suggesting u spend 5k and get a secondhand one.... i would normalyl advise u to save up till u have loads of cash and then buy electric... either ways.. let me know if ur in bombay.. i might be able to fix u up with a guitar before i leave.

14. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

What the hell a giVson acoustic for 2. k ... Some bugger has corned u properly ..
    What the hell wud u pay 2.2 k for a giVson !!!! Its not a giBson dude !!!

15. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Why not just buy a second hand electric guitar that way you can get a better make abd will probably be in your price range? Electric givsons are really bad! Instead you could turn your acoustic into and electric guitar.

16. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

how can u do that?

17. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

There is an instrument which resembles a microphone that you can stick to your acoustic guitar, sorry i forgot whats it called. This microphone has a socket in which you plug in the amp. Costs around 500 bucks but its work ok ofcourse you wont get the same effect as an electric guitar.

18. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

or better ..do waht i did...get a pup in ur accoustic....its cheaper too and u get proper electic sound.
    these pups cost around 275 and u can get em fixed either at the bridge or neck or in between...the point being..they work rellyr eally well

19. da_punk_hunk

da_punk_hunk New Member

i know i can do THAT but like i said, it's not much use considering the stuff I wanna play...playing power chord riffs on an accoustic electric just sounds weird. U dun get the right tone...
    Second hand guitars are an option but even good second hands wont be less than 5k n less than that i'l prolly get a second hand custom built or a givson...so might as well shell out what i have for a new proper electric...

20. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

hey dude i play pantera and maiden and metallica on my acoustic even now ... U get a Semi Soid .... U can play em more easily ....

And i practice my bass also on ma Acoustic ... I am gonna Buy 1 2day ..... Hope that stuff my frnd is selling is good ...( A Tansen bass )