Electric Guitar Buying Help

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by killerpo07, Mar 25, 2008.

1. killerpo07

killerpo07 New Member

hey everyone
    I have a fair amount of idea on how to play a guitar. Till now I had a cheap acoustic guitar and I can play some chords, scales as well as some songs on it.
    I kinda inherited the guitar from someone and its age is over 4 years. Now it doesn't at all sound melodious and some frets have begin to buzz.
    I have changed the strings but that doesn't help it at all. I took it to to a guitar shop and he said it cant be repaired.
    I am kind of more interested in electric guitar style, so finally decided to switch over.
    I am not in a metro and the shops around here have no choice of electric guitars. There are cheap imitations with one pickup. So my only option is to buy it online from bajaao.com or any other site (of which I don't know).
    I was considering to buy a combo pack since it comes with everything and I have no idea what accessories to buy. I have a friend who bought the squier combo pack ad has faced many problems. His amplifier is giving him serious problem. So I guess the only option left is the ESP ones. My budget is at max 16,000.
    SO guys please suggest what to buy. I don't have the faintest idea of how to choose an electric guitar. Also suggest if there are any books I can read.
    I would like to play the songs of Dire Straits, Bryan adams, Jal ...not too much metal.
    Also if anyone knows bajaoo is going to release some good ones in future, i can wait 2 months.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. - Sorry I had posted it initially in gear talk as I didnt know.

2. sarin.pankaj

sarin.pankaj New Member

Yamaha EG112W

Yamaha EG112W should fit in your budget and style of playing. In Delhi it should cost you 15k. It comes with a combo thingy. Go for it.

3. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

buy a squier and an amp...maybe a laney Lx15,