electric guitar better suited for Hindi music?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by rohitit1, Aug 24, 2006.

1. rohitit1

rohitit1 New Member

Hi ppl,
    wud like to kno which electric guitar better suits the hindi music genre...
    to put it the other way will be less rock style and more towards the melodius side (although I m a big time fan of rock ;P (Scorps))........i know many of u wud just say hey just go for an accoustic........ ;)
    Im looking for tht right balance of electric sound and melody...
    Hope u get wht i say..

so plz guide on the above lines..

Thx in adv.
    RK

2. vini

vini Repeat Offender

in ur own words
    "rock style songs"-electric guitar
    "melodious songs"-acoustic guitar

3. rohitit1

rohitit1 New Member

wht do u think bt d fender squeir strat guitar?

4. vini

vini Repeat Offender

i have heard abt it a lot..but i dont think im d right person to answer that...wait till someone else replies !

5. WTF? what kind of question is that....lesss rock style..guitar...a new breed?

6. RaidenCX

RaidenCX New Member

I dunno if ya ppl ever noticed but these TV shows in hindi ( Sa Re Gam Ma etc) always have a guy with an electric guitar playing hindi music in the choir. They are usually chep Les Paul Copies, and all these ppl play is notes, not actual chords, never strumming. Strumming will never work if you're playing a hindi song "originallly" i.e. not tabbing it on a six-string.

7. rohitit1

rohitit1 New Member

RaidenCX thts exactly why i had to ask this question cause ive seen most of these TV shows using these electric guitars...
    nywaz thx 4 d info...
    also my question really is not about an electric guitar which is "less rock style"(i know tht was a type fro my side ;) ). rather it is focused towards finding an "electric guitar *BETTER* suited for Hindi music?" ("BETTER")

8. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Ok .... ur first question ..... Which electric guitar suits better ...... Maybe u can explain which hindi song u r spking of ???? Song like whts tht ... DHOOM ... (some viveka obiroya jumping in that song ....) .... or jane kyuon .... or rocking goa on dil chahata hai ...
    DOOD ... whoever told u ...??? THAT ROCK IS NOT MELODIC ..... And the crap hindi movie songs are !!!!!! 70% of the hindi songs drive me MAD and give me a headache!!!!!! FWFWDVERG#$RG#WTG$G#@
    I wanna go kill myslef for having heard this !!!!!!!!:mad: :think: :aggre: :help: :mad:
    AND who told u ROCK wont have accoustic ???????? and who told u rock means to have electric ??? or distortion ....
    And listening to what u r telling i wonder if u have heard stuffs like
    crazy world
    big city nights
    Hell Cat
    Lust or Love
    Hit Between the Eyes
    Dynamite

by your band scorpions !!!!! attention ladies and gentlemen who say ... I LISTEN TO SOFt ROCK ... SCORPIONS !!!!!! THEY ARE NOT SOFT ..... they are heavy and they play NWBHM .... and if u heard some sisy songs by them ... hope u'll say metallica is sissy after listening to nothing else matters ... or testament is sissy after listening to sacred serenity ...
    right balance of electctric and accoustic ... ????? mayb u can ask .. sonu nigam or anu malik to help you dood .......

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ I Agree!
    Scorpions are one of the best known HARD-ROCK band (with some flavors of HAIR METAL).

And Lol @ the statement Rock is not melodious.

Rock may be loud and brash, but melody is everything that holds up a song.

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Wait.....what?

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Mwahahaaaa!

Well you should blame the camera man and editing team for this phenomena.

They never show a guitarsit when he is strumming chords, but only when he is playing "notes".

But is it that demeaning?:think:

12. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

there are some old movie songs which sound good on electric guitar as well..

eg:yaad kiya dil ne kahan ho tum...from the movie patita.
    and many more songs..

it wld be wrong to say that electric guitar is made for only rock music..

13. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

who says rock styles arent melodious??

14. but tell me first "what is less rock style guitar?"

15. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

a guitar with less distortion?

Go for an electro-acoustic aka Semi-acoustic guitar which faiqrock has :D

16. saichaitanya88

saichaitanya88 New Member

plug in the distortion, make your own lyrics, and rock out!! your guitar has hope in hindi songs only if you let it have hope, cuz songs other ppl make there's no place for a guitar.

;P you know you agree.