Electric guitar+amp for 10000

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by pranavtechie, Oct 29, 2011.

1. pranavtechie

pranavtechie New Member

hi guys,
    sorry if i am reposting but i cant read all the posts as i dont have a pc.
    i live in new delhi and am confused over which guitar to buy and most importantly from where. please help me in getting one with a whammy bar and atleast one humbuckinger pickup and shops preferably in west delhi
    thanx in advance

2. deepsal

deepsal New Member

save atleast 20k and come back if you want playable gear

3. pranavtechie

pranavtechie New Member

i am begginer..i can get better ones later

4. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

there is a brand java which has affordable guitars in 6k-7k range
    for an amp there is marshall mg-10 and laney lx12
    dont listen to deepsal
    he will never talk about ur budget
    he would always say add 10k-12k
    but i wud say add 2k more
    and buy cort x-1 for 8k
    rajmusicals.in

5. pranavtechie

pranavtechie New Member

thanx guitarplayer729!!!

6. pranavtechie

pranavtechie New Member

will marshall mg-10 have effects like distor, rev, and drums in it?

7. pranavtechie

pranavtechie New Member

and wat about the aria stg 006? it has a HSH Pickup config as compared to the HH config in cort x1

8. rahulsahu

rahulsahu New Member

@Pranavtechie ....

i think u r getting bit confused ... ..

MG-10 is good amp .. and have a very clean sound .. you should follow on the comment of guitarplayer729 .. as his comments are always helpful :Lighten:

9. pranavtechie

pranavtechie New Member

just guide me on the two questions please as i want to buy the best.. i am not doubting ny one

10. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

the mg-10 has distortion
    and for a beginner that is good
    i think a h-h configuration would satisfy you if u r a beginner
    my teacher uses an aria but i cant say bout those
    i wud say go for cort x1 + mg10

11. deepsal

deepsal New Member

mg has an overdriven sound with it and ya dont listen to me because if you go with my suggestions you wont buy crap
    java stuff aint even basswood its toonwood i mean wut..... google toonwood

12. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Look out for used stuff man... Many groups are there for used gear on facebook...

13. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

i personally dont prefer marshall mg series...they sound muddy to me...better would be roland cube man...and dont go for a tremolo or a whammy bar...low budget guitars tremolo are not that stable and will not hold the tune properly and ultimately your ears will be used to play a guitar which doesnt stays in tune...better go for a hardtail i.e without a tremolo...choose wisely .i guess there are combo packages also...you may add 2-3k and buy a decent guitar with an amplifier and a tuner all in one package

14. pranavtechie

pranavtechie New Member

@sumqnovo razor and rickkyrich plz can u give my links? i dont have a pc and its hard browsing on my cell. thanx guys!!!! :)

15. pranavtechie

pranavtechie New Member

btw my budget is 10000

16. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

hey pranav sorry even m using internet thru mobile...btw you can check at furtados...go to furtadosonline.com or you may visit their shop also...there is reynolds,musician mall in mumbai.for reference you may check Bajaao.com atleast you will be able to get the prices...

17. faraz.bronx

faraz.bronx New Member

dude...go for used guitars, java is no more suave than lady gaga in her gig outfits or Mr. bean in a swimsuit! (quoting sentiments nee deepsal)

i'll say cort X-1 is doable for a beginner.. greg bennett avion av1 is the best beginner guitar as per my judgement (which may count for shit..i dont knw)..esp ltd f10 is also quite decent (not sure a beginner thou..buzzes just a little, but luks hawt!!)..wont recommend givson or ibanez grg series..never liked those..also, do try out a stratocaster..not my favorite, but worth a shot..also, try out the Dean Vendetta XMT (didnt play it myself..but heard gud things about it.)

P.S: DO NOT BUY ONLINE IF YOU'RE A BEGINNER.. (u'll xpect an A grade p0rno and get a bhojpuri flop)

as for amps..as stated by dudes above me, roland garros (15x cube), hands down..marshall's only imba when u go for high end gig amps, practice amps sound muddy (also stated above..damn ad nauseum, i must b drunk)..orange is awesome..even the cheapest of it!! (try Orange Crush 12L)...or say better..buy a stranger amp with just the clean channel..and buy a behringer UM300 ultra metal pedal (1900/- bajaao price) or OD300 distortion/overdrive (not bad), just 1200/- (friggin steal..aint it?!)...

rest is just ur own doing..your choice..shoot yourself if u must..

-we the departed nughumpers

18. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

To the OP: i'd suggest dont buy one now, save some more money and get yourself some decent stuff because the stuff you'll get at that price is crap and may actually hamper your learning. And i may as well add buying decent gear is actually saving money because if you buy cheapo stuff now will outgrow it in say a year and then you will again buy a new better guitar so you end up paying more. And the fact with guitars is that if you stop playing later you can always sell them off for good sums if you maintain it properly.

19. kumarmanu4

kumarmanu4 New Member

I want to sell YAMAHA F310 Acoustic guitar along with Gig Bag,GBA strings,strap,Granada Tuner and Picks for Rs.7000.Contact 9769520947 or kumarmanu4@gmail.com.Guitar bought on 22 Oct 2010.Brand New looking without scratch.

20. kumarmanu4

kumarmanu4 New Member

I want to sell Yamaha F310 Acoustic Guitar PACK including gig bag,strap,GBA strings,Granada tuner and picks for Rs.7000.Contact 9769520947 (mumbai) or kumarmanu4@gmail.com.