Einstein To Martino: Inspirational Quotes From Musicians And Non Musicians Alike.

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by MuktiMusic, Apr 19, 2005.

1. MuktiMusic

MuktiMusic New Member

"Concentrate on your task." Gandhi

"Music is the one thing in which there is no use trying to deceive others or make false pretenses." Confucius

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible, is music." Aldous Huxley

"I think the main thing a musician would like to do is to give a picture to the listener of the many wonderful things he knows of and senses in the universe." John Coltrane

"It occurred to me by intuition, and music was the driving force behind that intuition. My discovery was the result of musical perception." Albert Einstein [when asked about his theory of relativity]

"Don't play the notes. Play the meaning of the notes." Pablo Casals

"Without music, life would be a mistake." Friedrich Nietzsche

"Music without words means leaving behind the mind. And leaving behind the mind is meditation. Meditation returns you to the source. And the source of all is sound." Kabir

"What is best in music is not to be found in the notes." Mahler

"Do not fear mistakes. There are none." Miles Davis

"Hell is a half-filled auditorium." Robert Frost

"That which cannot be expressed otherwise can only be told through music. A thought, which seems commonplace in its analysis, acquires a deeper sense in music." Tagore

"We hide ourselves in our music to reveal ourselves." Jim Morrison

"Music is perpetual, and only the hearing is intermittent." Thoreau

"Limitation creates form." Krishnamurti

"Ceaseless work, analysis, reflection, writing much, endless self-correction, that is my secret." J.S. Bach

"Music is the shorthand of emotion. Emotions, which let them selves be described in words with such difficulty, are directly conveyed to man in music, and in that is its power and significance." Tolstoy

"There is geometry in the humming of the strings. There is music in the spacing of the spheres." Pythagoras

"The guitar is of no great importance to me. The people it brings to me are what matter. They are what I'm extremely grateful for, because they are alive. The guitar is just an apparatus." Pat Martino

"To me, architecture is music, gardening is music, farming is music, painting is music, poetry is music. In all the occupations of life where beauty has inspired, where the divine wine has been poured out, there is music." Hazrat Pir-O-Murshid Inayat Khan

"You are the music while the music lasts." T. S. Eliot

MM ;)

My Websites:
    110 MB of free acoustic guitar downloads:`fingerstyle`slide`altered tunings.
    https://homepage.mac.com/rpeikoff/FileSharing14.html
    ~bio~photos~guitars~tunings~mp3s~cds.
    https://www.muktimusic.com[/U

2. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

nice post....nice quotes...
    btw, wts that link at the bottom ?

3. MuktiMusic

MuktiMusic New Member

Hey brother...

Thanks for saying hello. The link is to 2 free hours of my original compositions and performances.

Peace
    MM

4. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

Listening to them, sounds really cool!
    great job

5. MuktiMusic

MuktiMusic New Member

Thanks brother

What is the translation of your signature quote?

MM

6. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

heard melodies are sweet - those unheard are sweeter. - unknown.