effects processor comparison!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by vkhandelwal, Dec 10, 2004.

1. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

I agree thats it really good for its price. Does anyone know if Boss is coming out with a GT-7 soon or something? i heard some1 talk about it. also anyone modded thier expression pedal on their AX100G so that it acts more like a real wah-wah expression with a spring type feel - as in after you leave it, it pops right back up?

2. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

3. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

@ Death :- Never tried that..

@ Chintan :- GT8 will Kill..

4. deathdr_87

@jayanth: you probably know a lot of guys who mod their gear than i do so if you have time can u ask them if tis possible to add some kind of spring system to the pedal and if so, can it be sitched off when im using the pedal fr something like volume...

5. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@deathdr 87....can u tell me wat is drive switching and modulation effects? :confused:

6. jayanth

@ Death.. :- The AX100 G is a very very weak body man.. I broke the pedal got it replaced.. I suggest you not to have a spring etc on it.. Besides i guess you have the streangth to push the pedal backwards.. Anyways try to change the action on the pedal.. That will give you what you are looking for..

@ FR: - Ignorance Is the cause of ....................

7. fictional_real

@jayanth.....ignorance is defenitely not cause of drive switching and modulation effects....so tell me wat it is. :p:...he he :p:

8. jayanth

Drive switching - Changing Amps
    Modulation Effects :- Chorus, Wah, Pitch Shift, Flange etc etc

9. fictional_real

@jayanth.....thanx bro. :)....u can expect more headaches coming frm me! :p:

10. deathdr_87

can some1 clear this up for me - how dyu define a drive am pchannel - i mean other than it being on an amp (stuff like it must have a gain control, etc...)
    coz i really cant tell if a compressor is a drive channel or a modulation (im guessing its like a distortion pedal used mainly to add gain, but does that qualify it as a drive channel)??????

please help me on this..

also diff companies treat it differently - korg makes it a drive channel whereas digitech makes it a modulation...

11. vkhandelwal

vkhandelwal New Member

Finally, purchased a digitech GNX 2.
    loads of effects built in with some really cool features

12. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

GNX2:shock: Wow dude, that's like awesome man......wow.

13. mudgalbharat

mudgalbharat Silence Must be Heard

14. shak

shak Harrr!

^ umm yeah good for beginners ... i dunno about the prices in india but 5525 seem a bit high to me ...

15. deathraven

deathraven New Member

get a me 50 its one of the best and comparitively cheap. 15000

16. deathdr_87

its worth it - the rp80s actually rather good - i sat and used it again - i really liked it - very versatile