effects processor comparison!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by vkhandelwal, Dec 10, 2004.

1. call_of_ktulu41

call_of_ktulu41 New Member

i have a question ... the only pedal that i could afford was a stranger distort d-1...yeah its that ugly yellow thing that you need to jump on to get started....anyways ...i find that when distortion is switched on ...my volume jumps off the roof...can i get the same volume for clean as well as distortion....or am i just staying in the wrong neighbourhood??
    PS: ive tried all combinations of colour mix on the pedal and the bass, treble,reverb on my 40W stranger amp..

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

@ Call :- you didnt like PSP12??

Ok YOur Pedal Problem.. Try to decrease the LEVEL knob in the Distortion pedal and then increase your Amp Gain and Volume..

3. pro_Guitar

pro_Guitar New Member

Never heard of him mate. Generally on the London and La circuit so end up gigging some of the hottest guitarists out here. Met Sl**h a couple of times. Hang out with friends at the same night club in LA.

4. jayanth

Oh Cool.. Sl**h is supposedly cool..

5. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

another informative thread!!!!! :)

sl**h :confused:

6. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

I think they're talking about slash.
    Boss pedals rule:rock: Amazing sound

7. jayanth

Slash - The Weirdo Snake Guy...

8. fictional_real

lol...then why do u have to put two stars in between...just says slash!

9. jayanth

@ Fr :- Why Not??

10. fictional_real

^^coz it confuses highly qualified ppl like me :p:

11. d_ist_urb_ed

Discussion off-topic....

12. jayanth

@ FR :- Highly Unqualified??

@ Disturbed :- Sorry.. I guess its healthy so far.. Just the third page..

13. d_ist_urb_ed

Meant for FR, jayanth:) No problem.

14. jayanth

@ Dist : Okie Dokie

15. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Guys, anyone have anything nice to say about the Digitech GNX1 ...I don't need 8 track recording so don't wanna hear about the GNX4...the topic is GNX1 :) I am now finding the RP12 a little too big...apartments are small in London and the little one is all over the thing. Hence thinking of upgrading (or is it really downgrading?) to a GNX1.

Let's hear your views...also, any idea how much would I get one for in India?

16. jayanth

GNX 1 not available in India anymore.. GNX 2 is better and same size..

17. fictional_real

@jayanth....unqualified ppl post more than 6000 posts in IGT :p: :p:
    @dist....very bad. partiality huh? :p:....ok ok....off topic

18. d_ist_urb_ed

There you go again, what was the purpose of me telling you then? hehe, no replies to this post wanted.

19. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

Kork processors

I'm not sure if vkhandelwal got his answer yet or bought his effects yet but ill still post this.

I didnt have too much money while buying my effects so I chose the Korg Ax 100G. Decent deal - 8k in Bombay. It sounds really good but the main thing is its ease of use - never used an easier processor. I found all the top end models pretty confusing like the 1500G, the GT-6 and the RP 300. maye that might be a factor u want to consider, then again u might be better at messing around with processors than me.

the 100G is operated by mainly two buttons once youve selected a patch - one for switching drive channels and another for controlling modulation effects. You can patch in a different mod though not simaltaneously on the expression pedal and switch that on/off by pushing all the way down. It's that simple. The only problem is that the compressor is a drive channel and I would much rather use it as a mod with other drive channels. (not a problem in digitechs)

There - now go ahead and make a choice! :beer:

20. jayanth

@ death :- I use the AX 100G too.. In My opinion.. Its amazing..