Effect Processor

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by zohaib, Feb 27, 2005.

1. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

Asking for a favour
    can u guyz pls gimme details about following effect processors , i mean about its quality and presets and all tht stuff according to their prices:-

Behringer X V AMP
    ZOOM505II
    Digitech RP80
    ZOOM606
    Digitech RP100
    Behringer V AMP 2
    ZoomGFX-1

2. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

ive gotta zoom606 so i can give u info on that:
    its okok... ive got a ggr8 vai patch on it. The pedal is not the strongest thing around so u couldnt stomp on it. And the wah lacks oomph..its very weak. When i add compression then I start getting noise and disturbance... but then i still like it. I can get good metallica, floyd(another brick part 1 types),floyd(time,numb types),steve vai(excellent),korn and some others.
    This distortion is good though... and the best this is that its dirt cheap ..only Rs6000
    effects are: wah,compression/limiter,eq,mod,rev,del,chorus,flanger,tremolo,step,cry.
    ..yeah there are loads of effects here most of which ull never use.

Zoom 505 is basically 606 without the pedal..so basically now wahetc.

3. shak

shak Harrr!

just curious ... is the expression pedal on 606 good enuff? ... i mean can ya play half decent bad horsie on it? ... if you can then it must be good..

4. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

well..first of all i have tried bad horsie( i hope ur talking about the song,theres a bad horsie wah pedal too)
    hmm..ill do one thing, ill post an mp3 in my music thread(the strange beautiful etc etc.. one) with loads of wah.
    i think thatll clear things up.

5. shak

shak Harrr!

oh yeah! .. that will be great ... and no i wasnt talking about morley bad horsie .. (damn that foot pedal is optically controlled : shock : ) ... so yeah ... bad horsie sound track .. i was talking about

6. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

Ive tried out Digitechs RP 100 and RP 80 - i personally think that the distortion on it cannot deliver those punching tones u need to play metal music whcih has the cold feel - its very good for some warm distortion tones - more for im guessing blues and maiden sounds good on it too....

7. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

more .. pplz humble request

8. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

hey havent u heard of BOSS METAL GT-6 thats really good check on net for details

9. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

which do u think is best among these processors whose names i mentioned b4
    pls dont mention expensive ones :p

10. acousticdreamer

acousticdreamer ΩUNPLUGGEDΩ

I own a Digitech RP80. I got it for 5500 bucks. It's got 40 factory presets and 40 user presets...(i.e) your own patches. Got a soft carry case with it.
    Now for the real thing: For the price I think it's a pretty good deal. Got a variety of distortion sounds. Nice for playing Blues, Jazz. Its got a unique "YaYa" sound.
    I had a Boss ME 33 earlier...and it sucked because it had an inherent 'hum' which just would NOT go away!! ::mad:: The things I find RP80 lacks is autoriffs and a good variety of metal sounds.
    And yes, it's also got an inbuilt drum machine. So bye bye boring metronome! :p:

11. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

i think the costliest one would be the best, with good companies u usually get what u pay for.