effect pedals or processor

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by khuli, Oct 25, 2010.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Its pretty humble indian amp called Norge. (I dont know if they have a website or something)

The speakers are good - Quad.

Anyway, my experience our of all hi-fi shopping thing is - "diminishing returns" is true.
    And you need to limit yourself to available cash in hand, rather than listening and heeding advice of every audiophile equivalent of "tom, dick and harry".
    And there is a whole world out there other than BOSE and ONKYO.

If creatives sounds good to you. Then they are good.

Now coming to plugging the guitar to a 10K hi-fi system.
    I wont advise, since the speakers as well as amps are technically not so robust to handle the sudden wide dynamics.

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Why not, I'm going play my guitar through my hi-fi, and my cds through my all-tube head with no load attached.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:) To tell you the truth.
    For a long time, after my Sansamp had come.

I used to play it via my computer speakers - creative 5.1 (Easier for recording etc)
    Didn't face any "sudden wide dynamics" problem.

4. flood

flood New Member

so did i. for a good reason: have you seen the output waveform of a sansamp? it's like one long square wave. the sansamp is SUPER compressed.

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Actually I have done it.
    And except for the California setting at max gain, its not as companded as most other metal pedals.

Lemme see if I am able to find those screenshots from Audition (the DAW program, but I have forgotten the name).

6. flood

flood New Member

please post those :) i don't have a sansamp or those screenshots anymore.

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I suppose I did post here on IGT.
    Anyway .. lemme search