education

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by jimmy_page, Feb 23, 2007.

1. jimmy_page

jimmy_page New Member

i've noticed in quite a few posts tht some of the leading posters think of themselves as a class above the normal....its not that i have a problem with that..i myself consider u guyz the gurus....it s just that it got me thinking what is the average education level around here....so i created this post....plz do post ur qualifications here and we willl find out exactly how much educated are the guitar players of this comm.

plz no smart shit ....although i know exactly what a cretain guy will write as a reply

so i'll start from myself..i am a chemical engg.(that makes me a B.E.)

2. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

What do you mean by "a class above the rest"

And eg.s plz, lol. kthnx.

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

If you were anticipating that certain guy to be me, i'm afraid you shall be disappointed. I'm too sleepy to be sardonic. In any case, i am pursuing a bachelor's in psychology and criminal justice.

4. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

im a class 12 commerce student...

5. jimmy_page

jimmy_page New Member

so ur smart as well...another point for u...as actually was reffering to u..

6. jimmy_page

jimmy_page New Member

im afraid i dont understand...come again plz

7. shak

shak Harrr!

hahaha ... nice one shs.

@topic: finished a-levels in 4 subjects only.

8. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

my 199th post..........

9. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

my 200th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

^
    CCL posts don't count. You're still on 198, sorry :grin:

I am not educated at all...just in Grade 8.

vini likes this.
  11. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Haha a class above the normal? What's the normal class? IIAC?
    Smarts != education

kthxbai

@shak: Which subjects? My community college had AS and A2 levels and they suggested that students take 4 in AS and 3 in A2. Or even 3 and 2. I wanted to take 5 and 5 because that's what we do here in India. My math teacher said at this age I wouldn't be able to handle it :RollLol:

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I'm a high school graduate.

13. shak

shak Harrr!

@100th1: in UK most go for 3 and 3 ..
    for my first year i did AS+A2 for maths, AS for physics and AS for ICT (could have done A2 for both but you cant really take two physics practical/two ICT projects in the same year) ... then for second year did AS+A2 advance maths, A2 physics and A2 ICT ..

(Got, A,A,A,C)

5 and 5 is actually pushin it a bit .. but depends what subjects you are taking .. doing languages+ethics+basic+2 science subjects just to make it 5and 5 is not worth it .. do 3 or 4 science/accounts subjects but do em properly .

14. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

u want to know the educational qualifcation of ppl in this forum. fair enuf. ask it.

what has the 'some of the leading posters think of themselves as a class above the normal' part got to do with it?

whn u put on such 'smart shit' (somethin u said u do not want in this thread).. u can expect the same as well.

i hav a B Tech degree.

welcome to igt.

try answering shs' qstn.

15. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

@shak: Here we do PCMB+Eng or PCMC+Eng in the science streams. There is no math and advanced math - we have everything together.

It was a little tough in the first few months after I returned because all I had done for the past year was linear equations in 2 variables, squaring identities and such nonsense. And that calculator paper... well, I was left speechless.

Although maybe since the A-levels incorporate a lot of projects, it may not have been feasible to be doing 5 subjects both years. I wanted to do Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Math and Advanced Math.

16. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

which examination board??

did my advanced level (from UCLES ie uni of cambridge examination syndicate) in maths(ie advanced maths) chemistry physics and biology

that was for june coz we were allowed only 4 "mains"

n in oct you are to do only 3 mains n 2 As so i did General Paper(thats english at As ) and Turned the bio into As

Got my "A" in all in subjs for june :grin:

Now:doing my MBBS

17. shsnawada

I'm doing the the final year of the IB Diploma which is a bit less comsidering my age (96). But yah, i'm awesome, so awesome that it transcends your reach. I'm awesome. \o/

18. shsnawada

ZOMG, I'M MORE EDUCATED THAT U, I'M T3H SMARTER, LOLOLOLLL!!11eleven.

19. shak

shak Harrr!

@100th1: oh right, so you cant choose individual subjects then? weird .. and over here they dont recommend you to do biology with physics and maths .. :S ..

@spy: i did ICT with AQA, maths/ad-maths with Edexcel and physics with OCR (cambridge) ..

with your grades you can easily get into a 'big' UK uni you know ...

20. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

^^^ i know we have the british scholarship for the top 7 boys n top 7 gals

i kind of wasted my result esp coz i did really bad in one bio (As) paper thats the reason y am not in some "newcastle upon tyne uni" or birmingham uni (thats where i was planning to go).....n i missed the british scholarship got 2 others though (not in uk) one for aircraft n aeronautical engi n one in medicine ....i hope i chose the right one