Edie Van Halen Vs Slash

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by JAZZ, May 21, 2005.

?

which guitarist do u like more??

Poll closed Jul 20, 2005.
  1. Eddie Van Halen

24 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. slash

24 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

who do u think is better guitarist. in overall ...tecnically .... :dance:
    eddie is one of themost technical guitarist of his era...invented new techniques....
    n slash is Unique in his Style....

(i got this Idea cuz both of them played with Micheal jackson MTV awards live...
    Van halen played on BEAT IT n Slash played on "Black or White"(by MJ) :think: ...live !)

2. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

in the mj 50th bday thing MJ played both black or white and beat it ka solo...and improvised it :) and slash also played give in to me.....absolutely amazing solos.....outros on that.....beat that :)

3. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

^^^ this talk is not only for the MJ ..song ....but in general ,comparing both of these guitarists...

4. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

in general....among bands....i prefer slash over any one.......

5. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

technically - eddie
    image - /

6. guns_n_gore

guns_n_gore hell raiser

i think eddy got more chance 2 show off his skill.
    while i think slash did not get enought chance.

technicaly eddy is good(very,very).

i think slash is better than eddy :cool:

DrSaurabh likes this.
  7. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Man ... What a comparison. :mad:

Frank Zappa once said. "Jimi Hendrix invented the Electric Guitar and Eddie Van Halen re-invented it". How could you make a comparison of Slash with him. :mad:

I personally enjoy GNR songs better than Van Halen songs but Eddie Van Halen is light years ahead of where Slash is in terms of being a guitarist.

8. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

Slash
    Rulez

DrSaurabh likes this.
  9. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

definately do not angry....oops...agree with that :p:
    Zappa never heard Slash .... :cool: and Zappa was a wierdo anyways, as good a guitarist he was....he was against education man

10. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

hey lefty u gettin reps :) all slash fans gt reps :)
    Slash is one of the most underrated guitarists ive seen....and sadly its only here that people underrate him, i have said this before...saying it again......but anyother forum u go too..u will find s huge fan following for slash......
    he has 2 of his riffs as the top twenty riffs of the century...and very few of ewm have that....he has it all.....amazing image....he has amazing melodies....blistering speed.....catchy riffs....technical prowess.........
    He is GOOD....VERY GOOD....if u ask me..GNR was GNR and as huge a phenomenon solely dude to slash......Axls vocals are to say the least....mediocre..........

11. ronnieanand

Hey Saurabh, see that Calvin figure you have. Frank Zappa would have done all those stuffs if he knew you'd compare Van Halen with him.

12. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

on the contrary i think slash is one of the most over rated guitarists arnd.
    agreed that he is good and november rain has one of my fav solos.

eddie is in a league of his own.

13. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

you asked 2 qestions
    who do you like more and
    who do you thin is better
    i think edie i better.
    but i like slash more.

14. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

i say its a tie....now both fans gimme reps :)

15. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

slash was better in slow melodic stuff department ...
    van halen better in fast soloing ...

ne way van halen was amongst the pioneer of fretboard finger/pick tapping ... b4 him no one did it ... and he also has a masterpiece "Eruption" to his name/fame ...

dont think anything like that is there for slash ...

b.t.w. GnR was pop mainly bcoz of Axl Rose ...

16. ronnieanand

Small correction Slayer. Two hand fretboard tapping was a pretty old technique. The first person known to be using it was Jimmy Webster as early as in the early 1950s. It was also used by a few other Jazz guitarists like Stanley Jordan. It was initially called as the touch technique. Eddie Van Halen is the person who brought out the real fire in the technique and who also popularized the technique.

17. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

yup..i had read somewhere that ace frehley also accused van halen of copyin him.
    tappin has been around before eddie..but tappin was brought to a whole new level by eddie.
    by a whole new level i mean..a WHOLE new level.

Subhro likes this.
  18. jackdaws

jackdaws New Member

strictly speaking no comparison at all...Eddie issss a million miles ahead of slash any day...slash is good but not anywhere technically as proficient as eddie is..a comparison with the likes of joh petrucci, eric johnson, steve vai and of course satch might be more in line

19. ronnieanand

A small snippet not meant to offend anyone. Neverthless a true incident. Eddie Van Halen was a huge fan of Ritchie Blackmore. Infact Eddie has been tremendously influenced by Blackmore in his playing. When Eddie was just surfacing as a guitarist, a common comment was "Look, there's a guy playing like Blackmore but faster". Anyway that's not the thing.
    Eddie Van Halen when he was hailed as a guitar god, met Ritchie Blackmore. Eddie was tremendously excited and explained Blackmore how he meant to him and how much his playing has influenced his style. Blackmore being the biggest egoist in the world replied to Eddie "If I meant so much to you, then why dont you kiss my foot".
    Eddie got totally pissed off.

20. devilguitar

devilguitar New Member

for me SLASH Rules !!!

OMG...! It's a tie 6 to each..... PPl pls Vote 4 Slash