Eddie Van Halen Eruption

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by sridhar11_2, Dec 5, 2005.

1. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Here's Eddie Van Halen's ERUPTION. I know my version does'nt compare but it's still ok. I just wanted to see if i was capable of playing that song.
    So go ahead and enjoy and give comments

Here it is
    https://www.megaupload.com/?d=CKZTI9TV

2. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

:nw: :nw:

one word............Kickass

3. sridhar11_2

@the_wizard....Thanks a lot

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Did you play that really. Amazing. Your tone also sounds pro. Man that was unbelievable. Your tapping was so good compared to some of your previous stuffs.

5. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

woah !!!!!!
    dat was amazing....nice tone u hav there ....awusm tapping work...ur chops are amazing

6. sridhar11_2

Thanks a lot guys for the comments. The Gear again was a J&D strat copy and zoom 505II ( i have a Boss DS-1 but i use it for blues - it's great for blues but not much for high gain keeping in mind that i dont have an amp to use this stuff with)

@ronnieanand... Yes I DID play that but you can tell that my picking sucks. I dont understand how it sounds pro i just use 505 to my comp. That old one was like 3 or 4 months ago so you can tell that i have improved.

@Alfons... Thanks a lot man. My chops are basically blues licks with speed and legato. But this one was a cover version but i did'nt stick to the actual song at all.

7. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

yea..the tone was soo NOT zoom..hehehe..
    did u tweak the clip after recording?
    tapping was clean..i guess the tremelo pickin wasnt fast enough..but then again..u werent actually stickin to the original..
    overall i thought it was really cool..and also what i felt was it missed some "real" whammy bar antics..
    thumbs up.

8. sridhar11_2

@dharmatma.. Thanks. This one was not tweaked after recording i only do that to original tunes. I did'nt use the whammy cause i dont have locking system it's just a strat. If i had used it in between the rest of the song would seem off.

9. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

cant download it...dunno whats the problem

10. shak

shak Harrr!

hey thats good you know .. but at the end .. is that the clapping that i hear? did you perform this for an audience??

11. sridhar11_2

Nope no clapping.

12. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

This chap called greg howe or steve (not the YES dude ..0 he plays it without tapping !!!!!

13. ronnieanand

I guess a lot of people can do that. I have seen Abrar doing it. It cannot be a herculain task. Heck I cannot even play it with tapping.

14. itwasnoteasy

itwasnoteasy E chord humka dede Thakur

all gone from top of my head only thing i could figure is someone playing like a real pro. excellent job done.

15. sridhar11_2

I guess you need an amazing picking hand to handle it without tapping but some intervals are too difficult to cover using picking unless you go over to the next string.

16. ronnieanand

Actually he plays it with all Legatos but play it at the higher octave. It's possible.

17. sridhar11_2

I guess i could do that if i practised a 100 years. The Best version of Eruption that i heard is from a video i have of EVH with a Ciggerete on the guitar playing a huge indoor stadium ( i think) he uses tapping for lot of the parts and changed the whole song from the original.

18. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

^^ yeah i have that video...
    awsome just awsome !!!

19. ronnieanand

I have Eruption played by Dweezil Zappa. Actually he is addressing a small crowd and kinda pays homeage to EVH. Telling things like he wanted to play it when he was 12 years old and couldn't do it then. Now he has learnt the song and graduated from the Eddie Van Halen University in Top Honours. He nails it damn good.

20. sridhar11_2

I love Dweezil Zappa. He's just awesome. You should hear My mom is a space cadet with EVh - Just awesome