Eddie Van Halen- Eruption(tapping part)

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by d_ist_urb_ed, Mar 26, 2006.

1. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

2. khuram82

khuram82 ......:mad:........

^ jus heard..............

NOTE : Don't try this at home :)

3. d_ist_urb_ed

^lol, you liked it then?

4. khuram82

khuram82 ......:mad:........

i wouldnt say i liked it...........but yes it sounds fukin crazy......... n thats all tappin is meant to be ..........so u've done exactly what it requires :p:

5. d_ist_urb_ed

^I take that as a compliment :grin:

6. Mohsin shahid

Mohsin shahid New Member

are u crazy or something ????that was awesome guitaring
    mr moderator tum tu chupay rustam niklay lol
    great work indeed!

7. d_ist_urb_ed

^lol, dude, it was nothing at all, people like you and khuram could possibly pick that up in 10 minutes....thanks a lot though!

8. Mohsin shahid

Mohsin shahid New Member

nah dude i cant pick up that tapping in a whole year that could take a long time the clarity and neatness is so good

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

*three finger salute*

10. d_ist_urb_ed

^It was just a good processor bro putting out the tone, am SURE you could learn it in less than a month.

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I admit I'd kill for your gear.

12. d_ist_urb_ed

Oh man, didnt see your three finger salut :grin: Thanks a lot for checking out, i know this kind of music isnt your thing :grin: And yeah, i'd kill for my own gear too, dont know how much sense that made, mwahaha

13. Mohsin shahid

Mohsin shahid New Member

@disturbed whats up with your"mwaahh" lol

free kisses

14. d_ist_urb_ed

^:shock: It's supposed to be evil laughter.......</3

15. Mohsin shahid

Mohsin shahid New Member

lol it sounds more like a kiss sound ....lol

16. guitarangela

guitarangela gran'ma

i didn't see anything:shock: :shock:

i will check out the recording soon, sarat..if bjr gave three finger salute, must be good....:)

17. d_ist_urb_ed

^Heh, or it could just be that he's being extremely kind, no problem chica, whenever you have time.

18. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

No no, it is. I love this music. You don't see me play this way because I'm playing on a nylon string and you have to approach it differently. More hammer ons and pull offs and staccato and avoiding bends etc.

You sort of got stuck for a split second at one place right after the second change on the tapping but that was very minor and I wouln't grudge you a salute for something like that :grin:

19. Mohsin shahid

Mohsin shahid New Member

now that was something very staright forward:d

20. d_ist_urb_ed

Heh, we need to get you an electric, an amp and good distortion, am sure you'd create music just as magical as you do with a nylon. Addressing the second part, well, i was sifting through some of my old videos yesterday, and i found this EVH one, i looked for a tab, and i started learning the tapping part, because it is, in essence the only thing that i could envision myself doing in the entire song, didnt take long to get the fingering in mind, but doing the shifts is hell, cause you're hammering and pulling off constantly, your left hand gets tired faster than your right hand and shifting becomes a sort of a bitch mid-way, oh well, will work to avoid that :grin:

Hardik likes this.