Easy Question...

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Liquid, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Liquid

Liquid New Member

|Bm G|D A|Bm G|D A| x2

ok...the bars... | <<< these babies....does it mean that Bm and G will consist of one measure combined?

because thats my guess...and that should help with the counting as well :)

2. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

nope the count is dependant on the song. unfortunately thats something you'll need to work out

3. Liquid

Liquid New Member

ok so what do these |||| things mean?

4. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

they represent the start and end of a bar, otherwise known as bar lines.

5. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

dunno wat they mean in this case - but in tabs and ledgers they represent one bar

give me a song and this representation of it and i can help you

6. Liquid

Liquid New Member

ok i get what that means but i gots another question about strumming as well now..

take this pattern D U U D U U D

how would i break this down into like an actual pattern...with the downs and ups closer to each other..

i mean like DU U DUU D is that how it would be?
    this is the pattern for woh lamhay in case that helps.

but in general...whats the best way to try to do that....because like half the time ppl just write them out......and sometimes i find it hard to carry the pattern on....like for example...this one ends with a D...and starts again with a down....so theres like a pause in between?...this disrupts the strumming....any advice?

7. deathdr_87

its just a break - let yo8r hand just flow over the strumming -

if u can paly the 2 upstrokes - u can also play the 2 downstrokes - make it sound ocntinuous - hard to explain - listen to it being played - hats the ebst advice - ur hand will naturally e able to aply the strumming out...

if that doesnt work -0 then the only other thing is practise hard and force ur ahnd to strum correctly

8. Liquid

Liquid New Member

thanks man appreciate it....but i didnt get much out of this..im sorry..

i mean like the way i broke it down...is there anyway u could break it down for me as well?

i can play the 2 ups and the 2 downs......oh wait that actually really helps...anyways....then where do the pauses occur?..

hey thanks :D

9. deathdr_87

ok - try and imagine this - dun-da-na-dun-da-na-na - now if you can play that beat in ur head - follow ur strumming - i mean i havent even picked up my guitar - ut my hand is moving to that...

the dun - is a down, - the da -is the first upstroke and the na is the second upstroke except for the aslt one - its a downstroke as per your strumming patter - sing it out - the lengths (in time taken to sing it out) of the duns,das, nas will will help you strum

10. deathdr_87

oh i forgot to mention - the duns are a little longer the nthe rest - as in its dun..... da.na. - like that - its seems to be right for lamhey - thats the song right?

let me know if u need ne more help

11. Liquid

Liquid New Member

hey thats gonna be helpful...thanks...

actually i dont rememebr which song...might have been lamhay....but thanks again

but id idnt understand what u meant about the last na?....wasnt it supposed to be a dun?