Easiest way to tune the guitar?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by dj_factor, Feb 1, 2005.

1. dj_factor

dj_factor New Member

Hi guys, Im a newbie at guitars and just got one to learn on, can someone please detail me how can i tune my guitar the easiest way and to be perfect.

10X in advance..

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

"Easiest" way to do it is to find yourself a digital tuner. Go to www.download.com and download Digital Guitar Tuner.

3. Bandbaaja

Bandbaaja Pronounced Band Baaaa Ja

The BEST and EASIEST way to tune (this is for beginners) is not to rely on ears.
    Buy a tuner that tells you to tighten or loosen the strings by way of a meter.
    Do not think that by using a tuner, your ears dont get the right training or something like that. Your ears will train themselves in the coming years.
    Rather if you rely on your ears and tune, there are chances that you learn songs also in the wrong tuning, and screw up your hearing sense.
    Use a tuner and be Safe"

Buy a Korg Chromatic Tuner CA-10 if available, else wait for the CA-30 to release.
    Its better that the Guitar Tuner GA-10, because the guitar tuner only detects standard notes. With the chromatic tuner you can detect every note.

4. dj_factor

dj_factor New Member

10X BandBaaja N Disturbed for ur help :) i shall surely try both ways to my best.. :)

5. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

i use my Korg tuner too..worked for me.

6. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Oh yeah, if you can get a Korg, that'll be awesome, i was just informing you of a free tuner. And what bandbaaja said is true. Your ears will gradually train themselves. Later you can use relative tuning.

7. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

buy a tuner or a download a tuning software like one disturbed was talking abt...u'll need a mic or u can connect ur guitar directly to the computer and do the tuning using dat software.

investing in a tuner is not really a bad idea.

8. sukrit_7

sukrit_7 New Member

hi dj factor.. just t tell u that u can use a tuning software n all fr tuning but the actual way t tune ur guitar is to tune the first string according t ur own voice.. any pitch u want..
    2nd string- 5th fret should be equal to the first open string
    3rd string- 4th fret shoud be equal t the second open
    4th string - 5th fret equal t third string open
    5th string- 5th fret equal t 4th string open
    6th string- 5th fret equal t 5th string open
    any probs ask me at [SNIP]

9. sandil

sandil New Member

i prefer to tune it based on the sound from my keyboard notes (E A D G B E) as it makes life easier when i play lead on the guitar and record accompaniments on the keyboard.

10. sukrit_7

sukrit_7 New Member

hi sandil.. ur rite.. thatz something i do quite a few times

11. Bandbaaja

Bandbaaja Pronounced Band Baaaa Ja

well tuning with a tuner is the MOST NEAREST you can get to PERFECT TUNING.
    As far as your keyboard is concerned => if at all you find that after tuning the guitar with a tuner, you find the sounds dont match. its problably because someon has fingered with your keyboard tuning.

Please understand that the keyboard also can be detuned. The A has to be on 440 to standard tuning.