Ear Training ...

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Insurrection, May 30, 2011.

1. Insurrection

Insurrection New Member

Hi Guys,
    i have just started playing the guitar around 4 months back. i know it might be a bit too soon, but i would like to know if anyone can suggest good ear training exercises...

cos i want to be able to identify the chords when i hear them... although currently i am able to identify when a chord changes or different sections of a song, am still not able to identify when the chord / tab exactly is...

2. bhishmyadav

bhishmyadav New Member

well tr playing smaal easy solos on your own !!!
    like ek hasina thi theme try it on your own on the B String !!!
    :D
    dont give you thts when your ear becomes trained !! :-D

3. Ashyantony7

Ashyantony7 Performer

Well.. For ear training.. The more you hear what you play the more ear trained you will become.. Just don't put yourself that you should be ear trained.. Just keep an playing songs as much as you can.. The sounds of the chords will become memorised in your brain and when you hear a song you'l be able to say what chord it is.. It just takes time and there are no big shortcuts here.. Just keep playing..

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Id advise you to sing what you play. It helped me a lot when I started.

5. tapas.perti

tapas.perti New Member

I completely agree with u Ashya ... Insurrection, thr's no shortcut for ear training, u should try to play songs all d time ... This way, u'll not just learn d chords, but u'll remember what a chord sounds like and maybe in another song, u'll be able to identify it ... I've been playing for 2 years now and trust me, dis is the way to go about it ... All the best and cheers

P.S : Try to play along with songs as this will improve your speed greatly and u can do a cover of a song that u like later :)

6. Ashyantony7

Ashyantony7 Performer

@ tapas.peri : ya.. man.. playing songs also makes playing more enjoyable.. and it also increases to your repertiore.. :)