Eagles to visit India!

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by jusmail, Feb 7, 2005.

1. jusmail

jusmail New Member

Sting may have left crowds in Bangalore and New Delhi begging for more, but the swell
    season continues for rock music enthusiasts in India.
    The Eagles (best known in these parts for their anthem Hotel California) are due
    to tour India, possibly sometime in June, according to sources close to the proceedings.
    That is, of course, besides the Mark Knopfler treat confirmed for March first week.
    The former Dire Straits frontman (who, we hear, is Sachin Tendulkar's favourite musician)
    with one of the most instantly identifiable guitar sounds in the history of music
    will play in Delhi and Mumbai. He has returned to music from a near fatal motorcycle
    accident last March with Shangri La, named after the studio the album was recorded
    in.
    Bangalore, reeling from the imminent live band ban, is going to miss out.
    There are also whispers of Norah Jones, Pandit Ravi Shankar's daughter who created
    a sensation at the Grammies with her debut album Come Away With Me, performing in
    India.
    "She is, of course, among the smaller artistes who the event managers are in talks
    with," say sources.
    Source : Rediff.com

2. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

wow , great new , but un fort cannot attend :sigh:

but sure the concert would be fun , they are too good ...

3. Hardik

Hardik .:.:.:BoRn TaLenT:.:.:.

great news...really looking forward to it...

4. tejas

tejas ..........

Nice news. But this should go in the Indian Rock forum. Please make a note of that.

5. El macho

El macho New Member

Hey Jusmail,
    Thx for the updates mate! But are you sure about Mark Knopfler's tour? coz I recently heard that it was cancelled due to high taxes etc. Pleasssse confirm!
    Also it will be too nice of you if u let us know abt getting tickets ! :rock:

Cheers!

6. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Nah.. the tour is definitely on!

7. El macho

El macho New Member

Yeah! Asmodeus! It's sure now ;-)
    But where can I get da passes in Pune?

8. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

does anyone know the likely date of his performance in delhi ? though i'd prefer to watch his show in delhi, i'll be hanging around in bangalore since the end of feb.. so bombay will be closer... but still would like to know the delhi date.

plus where and for how much will the tickets be available ?

as for eagles when exactly are they due and at which venues ?

9. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Eagles = Im half expecting them to come-over... no initial props to them....

One thing I dont understand tho... why is that most of the performers visit India once they are, well, old??? Meanin' take for example, Bryan Adams. Rolling Stones, Mark Knopfler, Sting (Tho he has toured earlier) and now the Eagles??? I dont mind seeing Knopfler and Rolling Stones wherever and whatever be the time but like, can we ever have some metal or heavy bands touring ???? The ones which are actually damn good???

Never gonna be seen in India = any death metal act, Slayer, Maiden, KISS, well, pretty much every1 else excpet for when they need sticks to walk around.... oh yeah, Ozzy'll never tour here for ever!

10. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

the reasons bands come here at the fag end of their career is that india is not top draw as a venue... only when audiences in other parts of the world (esp western world) have grown tired of the artist and/or his stocks are down and he needs to resurrest himself financally... does he think of venturing into uncharted waters such as india.

another reason is probably cos india is way "off the route" of most international "tours"