E-minor improvisation stuff

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by alpha1, Dec 30, 2005.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Nice. You start off very well. However, your flow gets a bit disrupted when you go faster within the first minute....it's like you're losing control a bit over there. However, you're doing well even on speed later so it's not like you can't go as fast as that but for some reason, your flow was getting disrupted initially. You didn't really pull off the tapping/hammer on thing very well around the 1 minute mark but the idea was pretty nice and you step into the change very smoothly so kudos for that which is why it never sounded disjointed like it sometimes might (sometimes I get the feeling that I've played in 2 parts....one where i'm trying to go slow and one where i'm trying to go fast....I'm desperately working on trying to transcend parts better than I do)

I agree that your tone sounds a bit too trebly but somehow that gels well with the style of chords in my opinion.

Is the second one a different improv.?

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well actually the chord prog was in my mind. so recorded it and played some improv on it.
    And after each recording, I felt that it sounded a bit hurried, and totally un-pro. So decided to redo the improv leads.
    However, due to my inability to reproduce what I play, I ended up with diff leads in the second version.

Come to think of it, yest I did 5 versions of the stuff, and none of them match (the stuff is on soundclick)

I feel you are absolutly right about fast paced thing, it sounds off at many places.
    And the tapping - LOL, u wont belive me how much a diff time I had in keeping it within correct time measure :(

And reagrding the smooth transition ... errr ... well ... i did two diff tracks :) thats why the transition sounded a li'l smooth. am damn sure had I just changed the patch on the fly, the transition wudve been horrible.

I need more practice. Me lazy bones :'(
    My fingers dont obey my mind.

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

PS: were the string bends off?

and the vibratos on the bends? (I think during few 3-fret bends I did mess up mayB)

5. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

Great !!

I really like your Rhyhtm during the intro.
    But i did notice that you kept your distorted rhyhtm to the left channel and the leads to the right . It would have been better if you combined both the tracks into one channel.

Your shreds are amazing but you did go off time around 1:45 and your bends did go off a little around 1:23
    Overall a very impressive.

Btw which guitar did you use ?

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Gee Thanx d00d
    regarding the L/R channel - I dunno, just like keeping diff things on diff channel.

Like I kept teh drums on center
    overdriven leads on center
    clean rhythm on left
    dist rhythm (with flange) on right
    dist lead on center

Anyway as U correctly pointed out - I go outta tune during some bends, and off time too.
    Gosh, I really need to practice hard.

I use GiVson guitar, single coil.
    Marshall amp on clean.

7. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Wow ..nice one alpha1.
    For me there was just few things lacking from beiong totally great. Perhaps the timing was off at certain sections. perhaps there was the lack of a hook. Another pointer...u cud try keeping hte gain on the rhythm track a lill lower.
    Other than that it was nice, nice chops..and some nice ideas too
    Kudos.

PS: Givsons rawk!!! :nw:

8. freaklikeme

freaklikeme New Member

OK, i'm just going by my ears here but what the heck was that. it didnt sound good! useless piece of trash.

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Piece of Trash!
    Oh Yeah really, I felt so when I listened to it again.

but c'mon - it doesnt sound too bad. Or else it seems like you dont have even an iota of musical sense in your peanut sized brain.

10. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

ahhh...i hate ego fights in this forum.
    But freaklikeme......u can be a little more polite...its someone elses work. Perhaps it doesnt sound good to you...but there is a manner of saying it, the manner u used makes you look like a piece of trash.
    alpha1- yaar,ignore useless comments.

11. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Hey alpha, uv got enuff feedback from guitar gyani's here i guess. So nuthin from my side. Nice sense of music though, i liked it.

@ freaklikeme : next time u post such crap in soundtrack,... am gonna edit yr post, n believe me u wudnt like it.

12. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

That was pretty good but the only thing you'd need to work on is the bends. Sometimes it seems like it's totally off and in some places it's not necessary.
    Overall the song is great , in the musical sense that was pretty good , now the only thing left is to work a little on technique (only bends).

Good work :rock:

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Yeah thanx

I also feel the same way after listening to it.
    Actuallt I did it 5 times and all of the 5 versions sound similar.

Regarding the bends being off - nothign except working more (intelligently - rather tahn mechanically)
    + using more than necessary bends - mayB I'll havta curtail. I got this tendency to bend to each n every note I wish to play.

I guess some influence from Kirk Hammett - good I didnt use the Wah otherwise I could've expected similar comments on it too :)

And on the musical sense - I am totally through with "my" style - I want some variation :(

c'mon d00ds - more critical Comments required - gotta comply with my nu year resolution.

*bump*

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

*bump-o-rama*

15. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

You might wanna try to learn playing blues licks its great for solos in the rock sense and any music for that matter. Try playing some van halen , satriani, or anyone you feel has a good style and you'll notice that all have at some part atleast a blues derived style.

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Yeah exactlly what am trying to do these days.
    Blues Licks. Thanks.

Final *bump* to the thread.