dvds of live shows.

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by rocksta, Dec 10, 2005.

1. rocksta

rocksta Live Fast Die Young

where wuld i get dvds of live shows of hendrix,the who,vai ...etc.in mum?planet m?

2. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

ud get some DVDs...i think..no vai satchh etc. Perhaps Jimi..go check it out ...and if hte exorbitant prices scare u off..then use the net!

3. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I found G3,Woodstock,SRV,Jimi Hendrix,B.B.King,Deep Purple and a lot of others either in Planet M,ZMusic World or Crossword

4. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

You'll get the widest range at Rhythm house at Kala Ghoda...ask the staff..theyre very knowledgable
    BTW as a banker I take grave offence at your signature:)

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

I scouted almost entire mumbai for Opeth-Lamentations but couldnt find it :(

6. abhijitnath

Kahin nahin milega...hasnt been released in India
    Use Amazon or something if you didnt mind paying postage:)

7. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

^^^^^^^nah, Ill ask someone to get it rm abroad..

btw...any clue if the Lost season one DVD set is available in India?
    also I was looking for complete works of Stanley Kubrick, any clue if that is available anywhere?

8. abhijitnath

I've seen some Kubrick VCDs and a couple of DVDs in Rhythm house as well. Want me to check?
    If you dont mind pirated stuff the stalls in front of VT sell lots of movies....if you want I can ask them on the way back from work and give them to you on Saturday at the IGT meet:)

9. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

kewl, will be glad if u can check Rhythm House and the VT stalls :)
    err...dont buy anything yet, just get the prices at the moment :grin:

10. abhijitnath

Ji huzoor
    Any specific ones of the entire collection?

11. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

hmm...Paths of glory, Lolita, Dr. Strangelover, 2001: A space odyssey, Clockwork Orange, Full Metal Jacket, The Shining...are the specific ones I wanted. Any info about the rest bhi chalega. :grin:

Thanks in advance :)

12. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

I Downloaded most of the Opeth songs.

Though i got no words for the Lamentation DVD. Simply Awesume!

Demon of the fall!! I just cant stop listening to this song!!

13. cyclonetrap

cyclonetrap New Member

Rent em"

Mostly DVD's available in India are very very expensive ! I would advise you to check out deals on ebay or amazon. You can get a very good deal there .

Last i checked on Ebay .. was getting a dual G3 DVD (1st Eric Johnson walla and also G3 Denver) for round $20 !

PS: if u have a British Council membership .... u get DVD's ..... my frnd has it and from there i got Ozzy - Live n Loud , Black Sabbath - Making , GnR - Tokyo , Led Zepplin - Song Remains Same , Europe - Rock The Night .

Check the above out if u want to save up your money .

14. abhijitnath

Actually, DVD prices in India are now around the same or slightly less as those in the US and much cheaper than the UK. For example, the two G3 DVDs you mentioned are for 400 and 500 bucks respectively in India, so around the same. And once you add shipping from the States, it becomes a lot more expensive unless you have relatives coming. Of course, there is still tons of stuff you dont get in India, so those obviously should be bought from abroad:-0

15. chirag11kapoor

chirag11kapoor New Member

damn . i have an unlimited broadband connection. so i have downloaded all satch tapes, g3 & all from bearshare. y dont u try

16. abhijitnath

I refuse to download things that are commercially released.
    I had access to a T3 2 mbps line for two years (sigh! those days) and all I got were bootlegs and other live shows etc that you cant buy.

17. rocksta

rocksta Live Fast Die Young

banker huh.

lol no offense inhtended man, likd d part he says bout rockstas(which coincides with my id) thats it.

18. knight_guitar

knight_guitar Lead Guitarist

G3's :D.. it's a must for every guitar player and guitar lover.... .... btw.. i got this g3 dvd in which steve vai's playing "for the love of god" everything was fine about that video , but ek cheez digest nahi hui ??? how come he played that guitar without using any of his hand in that particular solo of his ????? what effect is that .. .. and what kinda xoomer is that ??

19. abhijitnath

The part where he's calling puppies and all? He's playing harmonics..so he doesnt need to touch the fretboard..the rest of it is a lot of delay and playing with the whammy bar.

20. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Theres one shop here in Bangalore who has all of this.. I bought JS SF, Dream Theater adn G3 there.. 60Rs each..