Duped By Bharat Music House,lajpat Nagar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by gids, May 18, 2006.

1. gids

gids New Member

a kid bought washburn anarchy wv-16 ,n the world showed him its real side!this model actually costs less than rs.16,000,but i paid rs.18,000 for it,the deal took place in the lajpat nagar outlet of bharat music house!the trust dat i had in them is shattered!this is an appeal to all you rockheads,never visit that shop,they've made the art completely commercial!i'm an 18 year old guy,studing and earning,and rs.2000 is not an everyday deal for me!they duped me for the other equipment as well!i paid rs.500 more than the actual price of zoom 505(processor)!it's not that i want my money back or something,i'm not a money freak,i give guitar lesson for free,coz i believe this art aint commercial at all!

2. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

I was duped by same store(i still remember that a$$hole Amar) too when I baught my guitar.....DAMN THEM!!!

You should have gone to ONSTAGE which is just besides Bharat....luks promising.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Welcome to the real world!
    Now that you have woken from your Utopia, you should realize that there is:
    1. Dearth of Music shops in India for foreign guitars
    2. Indian buyers of foreign made guitars are willing to be suckers everytime

Actually if you knew that the reasonable price is 16K, then how could you agree to 18K?

And if it is that you didnt know the actual/realistic price, then you ought to be duped.
    Infact I think you have come off clean, You should've been duped for 5K or more.

Hold your horses, do your research-homework, then go for the kill/buy.

Am surpirsed you didnt check even teh shop literally next door, just to compare prices.

PS: Everything in this world is commercial. Thats how those shops are running.

4. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

A washburn V anarchy costs 16k on their website too.i was looking at that.
    atleast theyre better then bhargavas daryaganj i hate em.

5. cronix

cronix New Member

All i would say is do some good research bfore buying anything that expensive... The fault is also on ur part and u gotta be more careful the next time.

6. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Welcome to the Forum . Sorry to hear your bad experence. Do alot of research before buying anything ask lots of Q...Its realy sad that we dont get good equipment out here. even the Washburns, Arias, Ibanez, Fenders and Now PRS we get here are all the low end stuff . Its better to go to a Luither and get a guitar made, as that works out cheaper and most often beats these guitars.
    I have personaly played An Albertos and two Peter Perrira guitars and they were TOP NOTCH... and excellent value for money.

7. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

hmm...i used to think that bharat was good.....can anybody tell me some good music shops in delhi....
    i think bhatia's at lodhi road is good....

8. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Actualy the best thing to do is do your homework before going to purchase... Things are expensive here, in India.

9. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

Onstage,Lajpat Nagar seems to be good.

10. ya..last month i bought galli strings from that sardar paaji..and i got open pouch for strings..do galli export strings with open pouch not sealed one..im confused.

11. guitarfla

guitarfla New Member

Duped by Bharat Music House, Bali nagar

I bought a guitar not even 2 months back and since I was a beginner I didn't know the low E string had a problem.

I took it to them, they repaired it and also took repairing charges while the guitar was in warranty. The problem had not been corrected fully so I took it the next day again to them. They said change your strings. WTF! its not even two months and its in warranty and they say change your stings in spite of taking repairing charges.

I had also taken an amplifier. When I reached home I found it they removed the chord/wire they had given me complimentary. When I asked about it the next day they said it will cost Rs. 100 more.

The thing is that above event that happened to me is unfair. Its not about the money, its about the trust.

12. deepsal

deepsal New Member

i buy things at 2-3k or sometimes 5-6k less than the prices on bajaao
    the reasons??
    -my dad goes with me whenever i buy stuff he is a good bargainer
    -i am an old customer
    -he cant and wont cheat me because he knows i buy way expensive gear i have bought 110k plus gear from him if he cheats with me i know half of the major musicians in kolkata uski waat lag jayegi
    -i reasearch before buying

13. marooned

marooned New Member

i think rates fluctuate by shops.. its nothing new.. in 2006, i bought my mexi strat from furtados for 28,600 or something.. the same guitar across the road at shalu was selling for 32000. always try out different shops for the same guitar.. prices always vary..

14. harmonizer

harmonizer The Son of the Moon

this is india dude...every trial of saving money is very important to both u n the shopkeeper...but u couldn't...

personally, before i bought my Pluto Jumbo....i eagerly searched internet for good guitars n their prices....i didn't know that i was doing my homework or something....i was just too interested for that.....i saw it 6.2K on bajaao..(now 6.7K)....

the shopkeeper asked me 7K....since i knew that i won't get it in bajaao's price anywhere in Patna, cuz there r only few music instrument shops here, so i bargained to 6.8K...and bought...i gave 600Rs more but dint hurt me...only cuz i knew that i wont get it in any lesser than this in my city :)

15. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

Bharat Music House sucks ass, ****ing unprofessional people just out to make a quick buck. No respect for the customer, his business, or music itself. Just shopkeepers out to pull a quick one. Never go there. I remember when I was a little more active here on IGT I wrote a thread about that shitstore... Lost somewhere in the gear forum now..

EDIT: Here it is https://indianguitartabs.com/f18/bharat-music-house-delhi-45545.html

16. anima2r

anima2r New Member

Too late to chime in . but wanted to
    I agree with all the posters about BMH .i bought stuff worth 30k from their shop in Ramesh Nagar, new delhi .
    I bought a wrong string accidently and when i went to the store to replace, they just wouldn't listen . I told them that i just bought stuff a few weeks back from their store worth my whole salary.. They didn't budge a little for 15Rs string.
    I felt like smashing all the instruments in their face :(

Avoid BMH anyday.. Onstage or 440hz is also a good shop in lajpat nagar. i personally like bhargava as well.

17. Evil.Bunny

Evil.Bunny New Member

i always go to Raj Musicals, they offer a lot at cheap prices and do all minor repairs like bridge changes for free....at least for me.

18. jjuisw07

jjuisw07 New Member

Help! ! !

Thanks everyone.! You guys really came out to be of gr8 help. But i need a lil help. I'm a beginner actually who knows nothin about guitars and i need to buy a guitar for beginners. I'v decided to go for brands lik Givson and hobner which i came to know are good and reasonable for beginners like me. My budget is below 4000. The help here i need is someone to accompany me to the shop who could make sure i'm not getting a fake stuff.! My friends say go with someone who knows about guitars as you need to check the sound or some stuffs like that. All my friends who knows even a lil about guitars reside outside delhi. So please guys help me get through this. I'll be very thankful.! Hoping for a positive reply.!

19. Evil.Bunny

Evil.Bunny New Member

Don't go for Givson or Hobner, at your budget you should get decent gb&a , Pluto, Kaps or a Hertz guitar, and if you can, get a Granada guitar.

20. jjuisw07

jjuisw07 New Member

OMG, I'm soo confused and i feel so much ignorant rightnow.. Now toh i'm just going to go and pick one randomly.! And i'm getting an acoustic. What type do you play? @evil bunny