Dunlop GCB95 Original Crybaby Wah Pedal

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Iraqita_EP, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

Im thinking of getting this wah pedal.........its the one tom morello uses.......for 6k from bajaao.com......any1 got it????if so......plz gimme sum reviews and if bajaao.com is trustworthy.....also if the price is good??

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Bajaao is trustworthy.
    But check if the pedal is in stock.
    If not then ..... hehehehe ... god give you the patience.

Usually the price they quote is quite competitive in India. But then, did you check with Onstage?

3. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

^^^hav to go der sumtime dis week

4. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

i happen to go to delhi often.....will enquire about the crybaby over there next time..

also you can try this guy called adil over there...he'll give you a good feedback on it

5. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

I've got the Dunlop Crybaby With Fasel Inductor , which is quite similar to the GCB95 ( the Fasel has a more vintage tone to it ) . I frankly think that you wont get Tom Morello tone with it . I've tried to play Bulls on Parade and stuff like that on it. Doenst work . He tweeks his stuff a lot. And its useless to copy his tone and effects coz he uses soo many of them . People cant even get his Whammy effects with the Digitech Whammy ( he's tweeked that too ) .

https://guitargeek.com/rigview/124/
    there its written that he uses the Original Crybaby.

But Still go to Onstage and try it on the Marshall JCM . I aint that sure that those guyz with allow you to try it . Just go under the impression that your seriously buying . They didnt allow me to try the Dime Distortion !! :((

6. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

^^^^well....hes written an article on how to get his tone...........btw....can u play bulls on parade solo???im having trouble wid the killswitch........also.........will a digitech hot head and a dunlop crybaby be better or a bad monkey and a crybaby

7. axeman1986

axeman1986 New Member

I use a gcb 95. Tom morello wah tone is achievable. Not bulls on parade though. THe be yourself solo sounds exactly like the record. Though it also depends on the rest of your gear. I use a strat and a tube amp.
    Regarding Bajaao, the one experience I had with them was really bad. Made me wait a month for a pedal, only to tell me in the end that it was out of stock. Then continues to tell me that it won't ever be in stock but for some reason it's still on the website. What I gather is, they only have a fraction of the pedals that are advertised in stock.
    6k is too much for the GCB 95. I bought mine for about 50 dollars. Try elsewhere, look for second hand.

8. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

since im in delhi....i cant order from zzsounds.....who r us based.....and they are giving it for 3400 bucks

9. axeman1986

axeman1986 New Member

Search the RSJ forums and the classifieds section. If i'm not mistaken, someone there was selling one couple of weeks ago.

10. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

^^its in the equipment for sale section right?

11. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

cant find it on rsj classifieds.....gimme the link if u found it

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

But they allowed me :) :p:
    Seems like they found me more authentic metalhead \m/.

Anyway that MXR is spot-on. Dimebag razor sharp tones.
    I was blown by it.

13. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

* JEALOUS JEALOUS !! *

are you kidding me..they didnt even ask you if you wanted to buy it or not ?
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

14. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

i went to onstage today......tried the pedal....since this was my first experience wid a pedal.....i was pretty bad but after plaaying for over an hr i got pretty good........it sounded good...was able to get most of morellos sounds........price was 6089 rupees.......wondering if i shud get a cheaper overdrive pedal first to get used to using a pedal

15. axeman1986

axeman1986 New Member

the way a wah pedal works is different from the way overdrive pedals work.
    what i mean is that you have to rock the crybaby back and forth and overdrive pedals are simply tap on and tap off.
    so it makes no sense buying an overdrive pedal to get used to using pedals.

16. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

The major disadvantage with the wah is that you wont get pure by-pass, as in you'll alwayz experience more treble if you connect your wah to the rest of your setup . This is sometimes quite irritating when you wanna play something heavy with a lot of Bass

17. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

That's with your Wah :p: :p: :p: and not mine. My Wah is a true Bypass Wah :dance: :dance: :dance: .....

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Using wah is a form of wankery.

19. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^ This from aguy who started a thread on Historic wah moments!!:p:

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!