Dunlop Crybaby with Fazel Inductor

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by dennis, Mar 2, 2005.

1. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Hey,
    A friend of mine in Philly is coming to India, so I thought id get myself some quality guitar gear.
    Ive got my eyes set on a Dunlop Crybaby with Fazel inductor(GCB-95F). I have never played it but have heard its one of the best wahs around. It retails at 90$. Heres the link:
    https://www.jimdunlop.com/products/electronics/crybaby/products/gcb95f/index.html

Has anybody here used this wah? Is it good?..suggestions please( i dont wanna waste 90$ on crap ! )

PS: This wah is endorsed by both Slash and Hammett(check the link)

Thanks Guys

2. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Common, nobody ??

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey Buddy,
    Forgive the endorsers. Most endorsers still dont use the same pedal they endorse. Slash endorses Crybaby but uses a Teese Real McCoy Wah :). Steve Vai endorses Morley and uses a Budda Bud Wah. On live you will see these artists using the gear they endorse which might be part of their deal. For their studio recording still their gear might not be what they endorse.
    I went through a whole bunch of ****ty pedals based on the artists endorsements. I still dont blame the artists. Given loads of money Satriani would endorse a Givson Guitar and a Stranger Amp.

If you are looking at Real Quality Pedals, then look at products from
    Budda, Toadworks, Roger Mayor, Durham, Barber Electronics, Sansamp, Burriss, Pigtronix, Maxon, etc.. These are real pedals made with best quality components not some cheap quality Taiwan make with a big American Corporate Logo and some Artists endorsing them. These are slightly expensive that the cheap quality Boss pedals but will surely be worth the money.

4. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

yeah, i knew that. Thats y is specially wrote 'endorses' and not 'uses'.
    But still if these guys use these pedals live, then they must be good. Cuz they do sound good when they play live.
    Ive got a vid in which Hametts playing Wherever I may Roam live and the wah is like wow!
    If I can get that wah for 90$ i wudnt mind.

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

The pedals given to the artists will be specially made in the US for them with all high quality components and some modifications to suit their taste. The ones you'd buy will be the Mass produced Taiwan or Chinese pedal which will be nowhere Kirk Hammett's sound. You could buy that Crybaby change all components to high quality ones and then do the mod on it. This might cost you another $200 if you are looking for the perfect Wah. Rather buy a Real McCoy picture Wah or Real McCoy 3. Real McCoy 3 is used by countless artists like George Lynch, Gennifer Batten, Slash, Joe Satriani, Jim Weider, Joe Holmes, etc. to name a few. RMC3 is pretty expensive but you could get the Picture Wah or RMC1 at affordable prices. They are still slightly more expensive than the Dunlop Crybaby but will be worth the price. You wouldn't want to buy a pedal and convince yourself to liking it.

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

RMC 1 costs 175$..lol. I cant spare that much( I aint a pro and I dont gig all too much ). Thanx for the info though.

7. Genesis

Genesis New Member

Crybaby 535Q is good. Allows u to shape ur wah