drums software?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Quadrophenia, May 18, 2005.

1. Quadrophenia

Quadrophenia Member

Hey there guys..ive been downloading all sorts of softwares, but i still cant get one ..with which i can actually jam with.. what i really want is a software which has drum patterns or something. could someone please help me..
    ive downloaded
    sonar version 4 professional..but it keeps saying no output device
    Soundforge 7.0
    Vegas

i want an easy recording software which has the drum features..i heard sonar has it..but i'm still strugglign with the error message
    some one please help! :nw:

2. Mehvar

Mehvar *hippie~guitarist*

well
    what you have to do is.........if u wanna jam to ure own patterns...then fruityloops is the way to go...u can make ure own drumloops and then just "jam" over it .....

or if u wanna jam on other bands song then u shud get "Guitar Pro 4" ....after that its simple u just have to download the GP4 files....you can find numerous sites....so u play the file and its like a midi of the whole song...but the good thing is you can "mutE" the instruments.....like mute the lead guitar ...and let the rythm and drums still play and you can do the lead....so u can jam.......but ofcourse in the end ure jamming wid midi sound...but i guess its better then nothing.....and it keeps u in practice too!

try it!

3. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Have you tried Band-In-A-Box? Or Cakewalk professional?

4. Quadrophenia

Quadrophenia Member

ive not tried band in a box or calkewalk pro..are they any good?..
    whats up with midi..it keeps saying i dont have a output device..do i need a new soundcard?

5. Mehvar

Mehvar *hippie~guitarist*

change some settings dude....

6. sandil

sandil New Member

fruity loops is nice ... have used it. very useful. u can try rhythym rascal too.

7. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Yeh fruity is great for drum patters and jamming on top of them, but guitar pro is,not considering sound quality, better as you can easily write backing guitar, bass and drums.

8. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

where can i download guitar pro FULL for free?
    plz give the link if anybody has

9. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Band in a Box and Cakewalk suite are really good. I have them - can upload somewhere if someone is willing to host.

10. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Search in download programs.

11. rust_in_pain

i can get the guitar pro 4 demo which is 8.2 mb or so....
    nebody has the full or got a link?

12. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Also Try Cakewalk Guitar Studio. Its good. I have the full version. Its like 24MB. Hook me up with a FTP host and I will upload it!

13. rust_in_pain

mods and admins-would u provide 24 mb of space on igt?i think it would b beneficial to all.
    i have a dial up so i will download it frm somewhere else...

14. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

I have the following:

1. Cakewalk Guitar Studio
    2. Guitar Pro 4
    3. Cakewalk Fruity Loops 4
    4. Band-In-A-Box 2005

All of these would require a lot of space. I have web space but my bandwidth is limited as I run my business website from there as well and if all of you start downloading, I'll end up with a $500 bill!! lol!!

So, if anyone can provide me FTP access, I will upload all of these not a problem...I'm on a T3 connection!!