Drum synth

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by thehundredthone, Jan 26, 2007.

1. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

What do you people use as a drum synth while recording? My current midi soundbank drums are CRAP.

2. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

I make all my compositions in Cubase SX 3, so i have lots of VST instruments to arrange my songs. You could use this prog to record your songs, but i think for guitarist, Fruity Loops is a good alternative!

3. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

I'll look into any free VST programs that I can find. I did find something a while ago but didn't know what to do :p:

Thanks for the information.

4. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Just search the many torrent sites, you'll find lots of VST instruments and stuff like that!

5. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Can you give me some details on Cubase..

I have the software on my pc
    how do i make midi files with it(i see the 'add midi track' option)
    do i need a midi interface device like a keyboard to make them
    is there any way to make midi track using guitar

Another quetion is regarding vst plugins

if have a plugin like slayer Bass slap
    how can i make a track like a bass line with it
    or are they used just to add effects to midi track or on recorded tracks

i know its a bit basic question but i cant find any thing on the net for absolute biginner like me.

6. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

You have to play the tracks first, using a keyboard, you can do it without the keyboard, using your mouse, but it's not the proper way, once you played the track(s), then first set the 2 locaters left and right and then export your midifile. If you can make a midi track using your guitar, i don't think you can, but i think a guitairist can answer this question, i'm not a guitarplayer, i play the keyboards!

If its a VST-instrument, then you can use it on each track you want it to be used, you have to select the instrument in the left pane of your Cubase window, click on out: and select the instrument you've loaded(loading an instrument, press F11 and select the instrument you want to be used), or on the track aswell, but if its an VST-plugins, just like GuitarRig etc., then you can only use it like an effect, on your audio track! If you want to use it for midi too, then you have to select the VST-instrument track, click on the E(dit) button, and you will be able to use any kind of effects installed on your PC!
    Good luck!!!

ambush likes this.
  7. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Hey Ambush if you want the Cubase Sx3 eBook pdf-format, just pm me (don't forget to post your email-address aswel), i'll post it on YouSendIt for you! Its about 10MB.

8. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

thanks man

i already few a few ebooks but too lazy to read.

9. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Fruity Loops......
    The best drum synthesizer (and much more!) ever :p:

10. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Yes i agree, fruity loops is a very good syntesizer as you can do lots more with this prog, for those who wants to make a rhythm easy and fast, its perfect, but its not the best. In my opinion, Native Instruments Battery 3 is much better and Spectrasonic Stylus RMX is a very good one too. Toontrack DFH EZdrummer is a good one too, its this synth i used in Pyaar Ke Pal, sung by Shailja!