drum machine...

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by god_of_guitar, Feb 23, 2007.

1. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

how? im a total noob at all this stuff

3. thehundredthone

1. Download the file first.

2. Go to https://www.myriad-online.com/en/sharedxp/sfonts/enindex.htm
    and read the section "Configuring SoundFonts in your SBLive!"
    also read about replacing instruments at https://www.pianosounds.com/SoundfontFAQ.htm

Now you have 2 routes -
    Route 1:
    3a. Load the SoundFont into Bank 000 (which will have something in it).
    *Remember the location of the original synth*

4a. Set the GP4 Options->MIDI settings to use SBLive Synth A/B (or 1/2) depending on which bank you loaded the soundfont into.

5a.Play your file - it should now use the new percussion soundfont, but most probably you will not hear the instruments (if there are any). If you wanted only the drums anyway then you're done for now. Problem is, when you want instruments you'll have to load the original soundfont again.

Route 2:
    3b. Download the Vienna program from Creative's site.

4b. Replace the drums using the program, and the method mentioned on the site. Work on a copy of the original to be safe.

5b. Reload the soundfont and enjoy much better quality of drums.

Again, if this seems too tedious to you, you could use VSTi and take the samples from the site I mentioned anyway. Go to Free stuff->Sample pool and download the ypSSE samples, and use them with your VST program.

GP4/5 gives ease of programming drum tracks because you can synchronise with your song (if it's in gp4/5).

4. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i have a Creative MIDI controller keyboard...i can do it directly right. My keyboard is called Prodikeys DM

5. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^ Thats it... I have to ask... Where do u get all this gear? Family of musicians? Or uber rich parents???;)

6. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

PARENT who loves music...and music stuff is all i ask for

7. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i donno why but i had a feeling youd ask :p

8. thehundredthone

Who wouldn't? I would wonder what the hell you're doing with so much gear that you shouldn't even have!

Yes, you can use the MIDI keyboard with VSTi and play the drums real time, but isn't that hard?. On Guitar pro you can make your own crazy rolls, double bass, and try them out, rearrange them, basically get it down and just let it play.

9. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i tried but the MIDI keyboard doesnt configure properly. I dont get a bassdrum on it. LOL