Doubts on which guitar to buy

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by micraft, Jan 30, 2006.

1. micraft

micraft New Member

I'm at dubai at the moment, and i saw a yamaha f310 for the price of 333dhs, its a special offer, thats comes to 3500Rs. Is it a good price or will i get the same price in india, kerala to be specific.
    There was another guitar f410 which cost like 4700Rs approx.
    I currently own a givson g150, and right now hate the way it sounds, i need a guitar which sounds better, i would still say i;m a amateur, i hate the way chords like g#m sounds on the givson.
    What do u guys recommend, buy the yamaha f310, or trying to budget more high and buy a electric guitar from india, and connect it to the computer speakers or my audio system and jam.
    I have plans on playing on my college band, songs like raju chacha, tere mere pyar, woh lamhe, on stage, will this yamaha be good enough.
    When i went to the yamaha website, they said that this guitar was like for the beginner, and i don't think i;m a beginner, i think i have evolved a little buit higher.

2. kennethmiranda

kennethmiranda New Member

I have tested the yamaha f310 2 months ago and finally brought my self a beginners electric guitar. i like the sound on the electric its not as bad as it seems. and since u plan on playing for a band i suggest you to buy the electric as its better for playing rock. If you dont want the set ehn buy the yamaha pacaifa series guitar its a lot cheaper than the set and comes up to nearly 60 bahraini dinars. dubai its way cheaper. Here the yamaha f310 come up to 45-50 dinars............decide and think it over.............

3. rohit

rohit New Member

yamaha f310

i have a yamaha f310 bught it in mumbai for 5600.it is good for learning and college performances. if u want to do recordings or stage shows go for yamaha fg models.

4. Double Click

Double Click New Member

dood..... There are no good acoustic guitars in Kerala. So if u want one, I suggest u get it from Dubai. Dont worry about what the website says. Since u'r not a beginner, u should have a pretty good idea of what u want. If you like it, get it.

I dunno about the price though...

5. micraft

micraft New Member

i'm seriously planningo n buying the f310.
    Anyways what if i buy an electric guitar, is it of any
    use if i don;t buy the amplifiers, i saw a marshall amp
    in kerala for like 9000 Rs, i can;t afford stuff like that.
    Is it worth it buying an elctric guitar and playing it connecting
    it to my computer speakers or audio system.

6. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

dude!!! u have been fooled by the marshall guy...Marshal amps are not that costly...A Marshall 10Cube will cost around Rs.3500 no matter where u are in India..And if you wanna buy some gud stuff in kerala i wud advice u to visit emmanuel in kaloor(Ernakulam) or SwarSangeet in Panampilly nagar.These two are showrooms of some rep..not that gr8 but they have a decent line up of brands.I wud suggest u to go in for a Tansen electric...They sound cool dude.

7. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

hey where in dubai u sawed yahama F310 ..........temme

8. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Is your givson in tune?

9. micraft

micraft New Member

I saw the f310 in naif road in a yamaha showroom, they said it was a dsf offer.
    Don;t beat me to it man?
    Yes my givson is in tune for sure, i use the guitar pro top tune my guitar.
    How much will the tansen electric cost? born2tab where are u in kerala?
    And what about connecting the guitar staright to computer speakers or audio
    system?
    Thanks for the replies.

10. micraft

micraft New Member

I went to more shops today, and the yamaha f310 for that price is very common around here.
    I say other guitars thought, i saw a carlos f-511GRS in a cool colour for like the same price to be precise, 350 Dhs. It sounded ok, but i still can;t make a judgement on how it sounds since i'm not a proffesional.
    Then there was Tansen guitars i saw a Tansen DRW black colour for 250 Dhs, thats like 2500Rs, and a tansen 395 normal wood color for 3000Rs.
    I heard about the Tansen guitars, but those guitars in the shop where completley out of tune, so i can't pass any opinions.
    Now i'm at a real confusion, the carlos was a beatiful guitar, they said it was made in spain, and it sounded good, but thats my opinion.
    Guys now i really need ur help.

11. micraft

micraft New Member

Cmon guys please give me some replies, i need to make some decisons fast, i need to go back to india in a couple of days.

12. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

apart from the guitar have u decided on wat kind of pickups u want??

13. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

buy yamaha man.don go fr tansen.........jus play teh guitar there, and listen to the sound. take the better souding one.

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

DAMN YOU Micraft.

Dont you know a simple thing???
    Any non-agricultural product costs more in India than anywhere else

Buy whatever you want from Dubai and sneak it in as your personal belonging (else the Govt of India will extract its share of customs from you - and you wont have any advantage of buying the thing from Dubai)

My advice: Never buy any musical goods from India unless you have absolutly no choice.

15. micraft

micraft New Member

cmon how come no response about the carlos guitar, whats happening guys, is it a stupid guitar or something.
    whatever i might be buying it in a couple of hours.
    Just hoping that u guys have hear of it and give me some response