Doubts about Guitar Processors..

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by arunthegr8, May 18, 2008.

1. arunthegr8

arunthegr8 New Member

guys u gotta help me out...

i recently bought digitech rp80 guitar processor foem briganza in
    kolkata. it is good... but when i came home and checked the net.. i came
    to know tht it is a discontinued model, so i have decided to sell it to
    some one and take rp90 instead....

i am also considering rp250 if i get enough cash...

what i want to know is how much better is rp250 than rp90...
    since rp90 is a new model by digitech? is rp250 any better than zoom
    g2.1u...

help me out guys. i m countng on you.

2. adeel zaidi

adeel zaidi New Member

so this is da issue no problem dude.So listen u got rp80 yes its true that only some people know abt rp80 caz its discounted and not as much gud as we can expect from digitech so it was discountend.No da other thing is dat u r cosidering abt rp90 and 250 so let me tell u dat if u r going to buy it then stop dont buy caz its gud but not gud enough and then rp250 its mind blowing but very much expesive caz it has a analog paddle to but u r forgetting abt the middle and da most important machine RP150 its tooooooooooooooooooo gud i have chkd a lot of rps but rp 150 has alot of qualites
    1.number of pattern modes distortion ,wah blues and many more that u can discover new sounds every day 50 predefined and lot of user define which u can manupalte ur self.

2.It is usb connected u can record it on to ur pc via usb cable.
    3.Alot of drum beats.
    4.Acoustic Sound u can connect acoustic/Electro Acoustic guitars in it.
    5.Very gud display and built in noise filter which can automatically eliminate da noise and gives u da perfect sound which ull love to hear.
    6.Da most important and my fovourite part its delay time yaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr its more than 5 sec i can be more than dat not less its enough and its very much managable and u can njoy 100% professional fun from it is so much professional and very much manageable.
    So as a so long user and Digitech Lover ill reccomned and if ill b there wid u i would force u to buy it,every thing which i m telling is da xperienced i gaind by da usage of processors and 100% correct so plz plz plz u must buy rp150 if u want to cash ur money.

3. arunthegr8

arunthegr8 New Member

yhanks 4 ur advice man.. but rp150 doesnt have pedal... n rp250 is available for 6000 rs or 150 $. is it better than rp150?

4. SqueakM9

SqueakM9 mumble

dude...
    have you worked out what it is you want the thing to do for you yet or are you just going off the company sales pitches? because i bet you 500 million virgins that if you get what looks the best in the store you will get it home and want to shoot yourself...
    work out what it is you want to do...
    run a chorus, flanger, envelope and mild over drive all at once?
    just have a huge variety of distortion and a little wah?
    if the unit can do what you want then get it,
    if you have already got that then why change based on what others are saying????
    once you know what you want it's all easy from there
    i promise

5. DagMX

DagMX New Member

okay...so based on the first reply, the english language is a dying one. That was just painful to read and made about as much sense as bush does on a good day.

Anyway, I own a digitech rp350 and I've tried an rp80.

Now don't worry that you're gear is discontinued. It happens all the time, I just hope you didn't pay too much.

And secondly, yes, the new digitech processors are much better. They sound a lot better. It's a much less digital sound and the distortions are a lot richer and heavier.

And yes, the digitech processors do sound better than the zooms. Hell, while the features may not compare, the digitechs only sound second best to a line6. That means, IMO, the digitechs sound better than the boss GT-8 etc... though the features dont compare on the RP series. The digitechs also have the best whammy effect.

Now as for the rp90 vs the rp250, the 90 will sound a tad worse because they cut back on processing power. The 250 is good and when you think about it Rs6k isn't that much for what you're getting. Even one of the pedals being modelled would cost that much alone.

The pedal is also an added bonus, though the rp150 also has an external pedal input, so I assume the rp90 also does.

6. SqueakM9

SqueakM9 mumble

something to watchout for,
    make sure that what ever pedal you get has a third foot switch for by pass because (and im speaking from experiance) if you have to stomp on 2 buttons at once (digitech used to do this) one pedal goes up through the fx and the other goes down.
    so all of a sudden mid song when your trying to cut to clean from distortion you get a chorus or flange,
    now this does come in handy in the creative process but is an arse on stage...
    trust me ask any touring or session dude and they will tell you the same,
    a few years back (pre line 6 pod II) just about all floor based multi FX units did this and it drove you up the wall...
    so yeah...
    yet another thing to watch out for...
    cheers

7. arunthegr8

arunthegr8 New Member

well i am not a pro guitarist n since my dad wont buy me a guitar twice... i just want to get thebest bang for the buck...

my uncle is visiting from US, so i decided if i could sell my processor to someone for Rs 4.5K, i can add 1.5K and get myself an rp250...

and also i was really dissappointed by the performance of my rp80.. thts why too

8. SqueakM9

SqueakM9 mumble

i had an rp50(???) or something really crap way back when i was young but to me back then it was the best toy in the world...
    its really amazing how to the untrained ear (ie your parents) you sound a million times better when you get a multi FX unit...
    i still sound terrible if im not going through one...
    you seem to have it all sorted now...
    and in the lower price range its digi or if your real lucky line 6...

9. DagMX

DagMX New Member

it's not that hard to hit bypass

also the rp250 and 350 allow you to turn off the FX using the expression pedal if you want, and the 350 also has dual amps

10. -Nemesis-

-Nemesis- New Member

Go for the Zoom G2.1u for 8k =]
    It pwns all
    if you can get 10k,go for KORGAX1500G.